OT efiling with Turbo tax anyo

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Jan 20, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I just got finished efiling my return with Turbotax and I have a few questions??

Now I know I have to wait 24-48 to see if IRS accepts return, I also couldn't do the eletronic signature b/c I couldn't find my return handy from last year so I will do the paper signature. It states that I can print it out and mail it to IRS. Now will this delay our refund any or is this a formality that they just need sigs on record, it says this won't delay it but I just want to be sure. And finally it states 10-16 days, how quick will it be, 10 days average or 16 days?? I went Direct deposit route.

Thanks
    Mom

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: i just efiled.

I did electronic signature:

FED: mail in a small form signed.
    STATE: DONT EVEN mail in anything,just print and keep on records.

EXPECTED RETURN DATE by mail (check option) was no later than ---Feb 09--- .

Wingspan bank offers 100% TurboTax for web , btw.

3. JimmyW

JimmyW Guest

RE: OT efiling with Turbo tax

Hey Mom:

I used Turbo Tax for the last 2 years, and 1998 received direct deposit in 5 days after acceptance and 1999 in 7 days. I'm sure these can vary, but that's my experience. Also last year I had to mail in the paper signature, and it did not delay my refund.

Good Luck

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

It did not for me. I never even sent in the paper signature. My printer was out of ink at the time. I received a notice from IRS a few months later stating that I had 10 days to submit my paper signature or my electronic filing priviledges may be relinquished. Oops!, then I couldn't get TurboTax to open that form again. So, I got my refund, but never submitted my paper signature. Now, I am just waiting to be audited....BAH!

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Jimmy:)

Mom