OT need a good checking account CA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ero2, Aug 21, 2003.

1. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

I am in the process of looking for a new bank in california and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Union Bank of California or citibank as these are the 2 banks I am looking at. I will be using direct deposit, and want a bank that has GOOD customer service. Any suggestions from any of my california people? Thanks.

2. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

Union Bank had closed out my business and personal accounts within 30 days of opening because of TOO MANY chexsystem INQUIRIES. No records, but inquiries. They have more limited locations, but if one is nearby your home and/or work, go for it. You may even qualify for their CashBalance line of credit - $500 to $10,000. (I had a $500 line and they STILL closed my accounts!)

Citibank is new to California due to the recent acquisition of Cal Fed bank. Working for Wells Fargo, I only hear the bad stuff (which may be common with any bank, so I don't think I can help you much with Citibank). What is nice is you can make your Citibank CC payments in the local branch if necessary.

Hope this helps!

3. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

they didn't say anything when you opened them, just 30 days later done. now you got me worried, I have opened and closed BofA and Hawthorne savings in the last 6 months, as I was not happy them, so that may be too many by Chexsystems

4. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

Do a search on USAA