other credit repair boards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shelby, Mar 31, 2001.

1. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

I am fairly new to this board.....been reading it and asking a few question for a couple of weeks. I have really learned alot. I was wondering what other similar boards are out there that you guys read and would recommend?

2. am

am Guest

I formerly read qualitycreditrepair.com but it turned pretty sour, kinda what is sadly happening here.
    Though admin here is active and concerned, so I look 'forward to the future' of this board and the information I will learn from it. :)

3. Rain

Rain Member

Check out the forums at Bayhouse.com.
    Loads of useful info, and the admin, Christine, is a VERY active admin also, and a frequent poster. Between creditnet's straightalk and the bayhouse forums, a person is pretty well armed with as many facts as the public currently can know about FICO and the credit reporting/scoring topic.

4. Lionel

Lionel Guest

I agree with am...this board is terrific and easy to navigate, but there is a lot of bizarre fighting and sniping going on, which isn't helping anyone with credit issues.

Qualitycreditrepair.com is a sloooow board, and also has been taken over by bitterness. I hope there are a few other suggestions, but this one is definitely one of the best (when it's on-point).

5. jason

jason Well-Known Member

I must be lame. I have a hard time following the Bayhouse board. The way the board is catelogued, it makes it seem like I'm only reading old posts (and I have a devil of a time finding what I'm looking for.)

I'd agree with the other posters, here: Creditnet is the best board around, they seem to get about ten times the visitor volume of the other boards.

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I was hoping I was not the only one who got that impression! I spent a few hours reading through the posts there and got some good information, but mostly personal bickering and it was hard to tell if I was reading recent threads.

For the most part I like how this board does things. It will be nice when they have a sign-on capibility though. I read articles here from home and from work, and since the software here keeps track of read vs. unread messages with cookies only, it is hard to keep track of what I've already read.

7. KelTex

KelTex Guest

I've been surfing the internet for credit repair info for over a year, and this is the best board. Accurate, objective information.

Started out over on ivillage-but found a lot of misinformation spread by the administrators. Bayhouse does have some useful info, but more difficult to navigate.

I find that the msn money board does have useful information there from time to time. Some recent postings have bought debt and credit onto the general savings and spending boards, and more people are starting to post on these topics as FICO scores become available.

8. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

credit message board on www.fool.www also has a lot of visitors.