OTL on Cap One

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeB, Feb 1, 2001.

1. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I forgot that I had an automatic monthly draft on my gold card, and I went over the limit by $10.00. Will a call explaining this to Customer Service take this off? I made an online payment 2 days ago that hasn't posted yet. The OTL charge posted yesterday. I lack 3 more months for an increase. Thanks for the help.

Mike

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: regarding OTL + cap1

1. Yes they will remove 1 OTL charge for free.
    2. You've pretty much shot down your increase for 6 months.

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

RE: regarding OTL + cap1

Not necessarily true. My membership fee pushed me over by 30 and I thought I was screwed for another 6 months.. but I 2 months later and they still raised me 250. I really don't understand their system. I do know if you say you're closing the account you get retention... and that's the dept that can really help. When you get them if you have multiple cap1 accounts, ask about all at once. I did! Be persistent with them. I call about every 2 months and I usually get something!

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

MikeB wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I forgot that I had an automatic monthly draft on my gold card, and I went over the limit by $10.00. Will a call explaining this to Customer Service take this off? I made an online payment 2 days ago that hasn't posted yet. The OTL charge posted yesterday. I lack 3 more months for an increase. Thanks for the help.

Mike

don't make purchases or cash advances ,use card for draft only!

I do this with phone bill and ips seperate card for each: