Pac Bell Phone Bill

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by David, Jan 13, 2001.

1. David

David Well-Known Member

Back in When i lived in berkeley , i had a roommate who made quite lot of phone calls to INDIA. I moved out of that apartment in dec.99. I should have cancel the service. But he told he will take care of it before he move out in March ,00.
    I pulled my report and there was One collection account , $282.00 .
    And i called pac bell they told me it's phone bill from March 2000-May 2000.
    I don't want to pay this since i didn't makes these long distance calls . but i don't also remain on my report 'till 5-2007
    Should I try to dispute it ?
    Any suggestion ?

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Are you able to get a phone with Pac Bell now? My son had a similar circumstance.

3. Indnewssrv

Indnewssrv Guest

Well you can still get phone service with pac bell if you pay the bill itself.My husband didnt pay his bill for like 9 months but then he was able to get it restored once he got it paid.Now as for this guy..you can argue to the phone company but they will just tell you to take it up with your ex roomie.Your best bet is to take this guy to small claims court..get your money..then go to pacbell show them the lawsuit papers and hwo you won it..then they should easily remoe it.But like my husband..once he paid it..they removed it from the report...or i dont even remember if it was even in the report.

cynthia

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I strongly agree.

I left my cell phone in my mercedes when it went in for service. The attendant used my phone while it was in the shop. the only recouse is small claims court.