Pager and Collection

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Okay, I spoke to a CSR from the pager company and she said that if I have a letter from a collection agency then they've sent it to collection.

I told her that it wasn't in my interest to pay the collection and still have it appear on my CRA, if it in fact already is (I don't know).

She says, "I'll notify the collection agency". I was like, "Uh, I need that in writing" (see, I'm learning). She said they were going to pull it from collection. I made arragements to pay in full on Friday, but I'm going to draft a letter tonight. The "as we discussed, I will pay but you take it off my CRA" letter and send that instead.

If they send it back, I'll pay. I don't have a problem paying, but at this point, I need something from them or I'm not paying.

I asked her could she verify with Collectech that it's been reported to my CRA and she seemed pretty dumb about the whole thing. So I thought I'd contact them myself. Instead though, I'm just going to send the letter (I got her name, so I can refer to her in my letter).

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Shantel

Can I get a copy of your "as we discussed, I will pay but you take it off my CRA" letter? I need it for this towing bill collection that's on my reoport. I'm going to pay them this week. Original amount in collections is like $1300+!!!!!!!!! The original creditor is willing to settle for $300 in exchange for deletion. They will contact the agency and pull my account.

If anybody else has the letter, please post it......thanks!

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Mp

Dear Sirs:
    This letter is in regards to the most recent bill I received from your company.
    I will pay your company the amount of $ 000.00 as full settlement of this account.
    Per this agreement, I will send you a money order or check for the settlement amount of $000.00 in exchange for complete REMOVAL of this negative entry on all credit anegcy reports . This agreement is binding and will be void should you not hold up to your end of the agreement. Furthermore the debt will be rated as we agreed to all three credit bureaus or the bureaus your company regularly reports to in the course of doing business.
    If you agree to the above, please acknowledge with your signature and return a copy to me. Upon receipt of this signed acknowledgment, I will promptly send you a money order or check in the amount stated above.

Creditorâ??s Authorized Signature: _____________________________ Date:____________

Name :

Title :

You can just change the beginning to per our phone conversation.

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Re: Mp

THANKS MOM!!!!!!!!! :-D