Paid/Account Charged Off - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Apr 28, 2001.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

OK. I have checked experian and trans union and they both have my old Providian account as paid/charged off. Do I have any options beside Junum/Lexington to get this as just paid. I have never seen this denotation before.

Thanks,

Mike G.

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Paid/Account Charged Off - HELP

When you communicated w/ the bureaus, did you dispute the account Status (R1 vs. R9), or its existence ("not mine").

Saar

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

===Once it's Pd. negitives should be removed

4. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

MikeG,
    I have/had multiple paid chgoffs. I disputed as not mine, some went away. 2 were verified and I'm currently trying a variation of the validation letter to the original creditor (the one who is listing the pd chgoff) to see if they can prove it's mine. I'm hoping since they are a few years or more old, that they won't be able to produce, and I'll use that doc to get the CRB's to remove.
    Pat

5. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Let me know how your validation on the paid charge off goes...what parts did you change and what wording did you use?
    thanks
    AnnMarie

6. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

AnnMarie,
    I chopped up a validation letter I had from here or yahoo credit-repair. I took out the collections based stuff. I made it short and sweet just to see what kind of reply, if any, I would get. I'll dig it up and post it.
    Pat

7. Nawlins

Nawlins Member

I usually dispute with the CRA's and the original creditor/collection agency at the same time. The CRA's only check to see if your creditor has your name and your social security number. A true validation should be requested in writing (ceritified mail, return signature required). Sometimes you are lucky and the original creditor does not verify things to the CRA. Good luck!

8. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

AnnMarie,
    This letter is probably, pretty lame. Since my dispute showed the pd chgoff as verified, I thought I'd try it this way. I will be disputing it again in the future, regardless of the results of the validation try.
    Pat
    -------------------------
    Original Creditor
    PO Box 9999
    Cleveland, Ohio 44101
    Attn: Consumer Relations

April 21, 2001

RE: Account # __________________

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing in an attempt to validate the account you are listing under my name and social security number.

Your company is showing a charged off account, number __________, on my credit report that I have no knowledge of.

In a good faith effort to resolve the matter amicably, I state my demand for proof of the debt, specifically the alleged contract or other instrument bearing my signature, as well as proof of your authority in this matter. Absent such proof, you must correct any erroneous reports of this debt as mine.

Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Name
    Address
    City, State Zip
    SS# xxx-xx-xxx BORN xx-xx-xxxx