Paid AMEX Chargeoff, please he

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jeremy, Feb 20, 2001.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Anyone have any luck with getting a paid AMEX charge off removed? I owed 14000 and paid it off over about 1 1/2 years. Have disputed about 8 times with all 3 CRAs, no luck. I have tried calling their credit bureau unit and they won't budge. Can anyone help me please?

2. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Paid AMEX Chargeoff, pleas

Amex Credit Bureau Unit sucks. I did, however, manage to remove one of their accounts from my credit report the first time I called them. Try calling again, even if you've already done that numerous times before. You could also ask for a suprevisor.

Don't ask them to "remove the chargeoff", but to remove the account altogether. Also, there's no need for you to discuss the history of your account w/ them.

Saar

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Saar, I also had another chargeoff that was paid on an AMEX Optima that was less than a year old, and they removed it immediately. How did you get yours removed on the first call?

4. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

DO NOT CALL!!! All of your coorespondance should be done IN WRITING!!! They can always say they did not receive your phone call...

Also, You cannot have valid, and accurate information "removed" from your account... As long as the information is valid, and true, it can remain on your report for 7 years...

If there is positive information regarding your negative notations (i.e., paid off), you can have comments added to the report noting this.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

DO NOT CALL!!! All of your coorespondance should be done IN WRITING!!! They can always say they did not receive your phone call...
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    not if you record it