paid collection any effect ??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Apr 4, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

The previous post really has me thinking. Yes I am aware that according to Fair Issac among others, that upaid/paid mean nothing but this report and reasoning codes have to make you wonder. It is safe to say different reasoning codes mean different point deductions?? Assuming that may be true let's look at this. As Kelly stated nothing changeed except paying the collection and 40.00 less on student loan balance. 2 of the reasoning codes changed, the first being the most significant and the last.

The first code was 38:Serious delinquency, and public record or collection filed now the code is 40:Derogatory public record or collection filed . Now both still mention public record or collection filed, but the new code does not mention Serious delinqueny, could this indicate it is no longer serious since it was paid??

The last code changed as well, first time code was2:Level of delinquency on account and now the code is 20: Length of time since derogatory public record or collection is too short . Could this possibly mean that the level of deliquency means unpaid status and now it read length of time b/c it has just beed paid??

I am just trying to pick this apart to see if it really does make a difference atleast codes wise, and if different codes mean different point deductions??

Just want your opinions on this. I am also in contact with Fair Issac through bayhouse and this will be brought to their attention as well. I will post about what is going on with that in a seperate post.

Mom:)

2. am

am Guest

Re: paid collection any effect

I think it does make a difference. It doesn't make sense if it doesn't. Since our credit reports are supposed to a reflection of how was pay our bills, paying on it just kinda falls in line.

am