Paid Collection deleted and if

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 4, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone has had success with getting a collection removed for payment and if so how did that effect your scores?? I have seen all kinds of numbers reflecting how many points collections take away. Would like to know if anyone knew their scores prior to collection and what their scores were after successful removal??

Thanks
    Mom

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Just my little situation again

Mom, I think i answered before , if so forgive me.

Before removals and unpaid.
    4/5/00-eloan, my scores were 594.

Showed paid and 2 collection removed. Rest paid collections present.
    5/00-mort. broker - 630 transunion (no discover)

8/00. car dealer - 619 Eq and Ex. (lowered by 20+ inquires)

Not much of a jump but considering my inq and short good history, I was happy. I really want to know my score now. There is a post at quality credit repair from Dan DEgraff who cleared his credit and went from 500's to 700's in one years time. He worked hard to get the items off the report. Mom anyone who did not cooperate with me I paid and then disputed and they didnot respond. The banking Division person told me that my scores could be in the low 700's if i continue this rate in 1.5 times.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Just my little situation a

Thanks so much Roni, just trying to get a figure to work with:) I know that take your middle score for mortgage, his experian is 626 but does NOT have collection, his Equifax was 582 with collection and TU 660 with collection. So I was trying to see if removing would up his lowest score with Equ, and if so how much and was curious if that would become higher than Ex, meaning that score would be come his middle. I know I am rambling LOL. Thanks though I now have an idea to go by:)))

Mom

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

just remember it takes a few months to see increase in scores. It is not automatic. I think I read here 3-4 months for fico to reflect change in most cases so plan accordingly. Since your income is almost 0. You are probably gonna get the mortgage in your hubbies name. You can refinance later as both of your scores increase overtime. Right?

Roni.

Momof3 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Thanks so much Roni, just trying to get a figure to work with:) I know that take your middle score for mortgage, his experian is 626 but does NOT have collection, his Equifax was 582 with collection and TU 660 with collection. So I was trying to see if removing would up his lowest score with Equ, and if so how much and was curious if that would become higher than Ex, meaning that score would be come his middle. I know I am rambling LOL. Thanks though I now have an idea to go by:)))

Mom

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes we do plan on going with just him my lender say he will pull again when i request it and if my scores haven't dramatically improved LOL than I will be taken off and he will go alone, so I want to focus more on increasing his scores, mine at 540 I believe will take more time than I have to work with:) Would love for his to rise above 660, then we could get an A+ mortgage no problem:)

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You might be able to get one with other factors going for you. No lates in 24 months is fabulous with no collections.

Momof3 wrote:
    Yes we do plan on going with just him my lender say he will pull again when i request it and if my scores haven't dramatically improved LOL than I will be taken off and he will go alone, so I want to focus more on increasing his scores, mine at 540 I believe will take more time than I have to work with:) Would love for his to rise above 660, then we could get an A+ mortgage no problem:)

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

That's good, aside from collection of 95. He has NO lates whatsoever!!

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Mom, things arenot as bad as you think. Well using your husband's reports that is. I read that at creditinfocenter. What is a "A" loan section?

Momof3 wrote:
    That's good, aside from collection of 95. He has NO lates whatsoever!!