Paid tax liens

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jmontha, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Jmontha

Jmontha Guest

My friend asked me to help him repair his credit. He has a couple of old paid tax liens from 1995/1996. Are they "bad" for his credit rating? If so, what's the best way to get them removed?

2. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, and unfortunately, I think these are pretty tough to dispute. (IRs apparently keeps great records, either that or no one at the CRA's wants to challenge them.)

I have posed the damage question before, and it seems the jury is still out. Some people think they are devastating, other people say that once they are paid, especially if they are older, the damage is minimal. Perhaps someone else can offer some hard facts here...

3. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

Ive got a problem with this one I have a pd. tax lien that was due to joint return, they were mostly after my ex. because I was just a house wife and after we divorced I was living on support and alimony he sold the house and the lien was paid . Problem is they never reported that to clerk of courts.Ugh!!!! so I am dreading the run around I am going to have to do, such a pain.