Paing full balance of credit c

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bkonner, Jan 13, 2001.

1. bkonner

bkonner Well-Known Member

Hi,

Every time I charge something on my credit card, I immediately send a check to Providian. I do this because ten years ago I got into real financial trouble and I will never forget that lesson; so I am afraid of credit. Is this a mistake? Will Providian drop me?

Thanks,

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Paing full balance of cred

No they wont drop you, but they probably wont give you hugh increases or rate reductions.

roni

3. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Good points, Roni.

The ironic thing is that limit increases or rate reductions won't matter much in this case. BK needs a limit far less than monhly income, since balances are being paid off from income. The interest rate will make a slight difference without a grace period, but is being applied to a fairly small balance, which can never get very big without a limit increase.

4. Indnewssrv

Indnewssrv Guest

I use to pay it in full too but then I just paid about 75% of the balance.They began to raise my limit knowing there are earing interest off of me.

cynthia

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I'm thinking i might try this approach too. I've always paid off balances in full, and not seeing much growth in the past.

I'll reduce to 75% and accrue some savings. Sounds stupid, but it makes sense to me. If i pay 20$ a month on interest, thats nothing if it increases my rate of credit re-growth :)

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I always pay down but not the full balance. Sam, thought you knew to do that already esp. with Providian.

roni

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

#$%#$%@#$% providian :)