Paying for limit increases??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mimi, Mar 29, 2001.

1. mimi

mimi Guest

I called my credit card company to ask for an increase. They informed me that since I was just given an increase that I shouldn't have received, I could go through some kind of program and pay for increases. I've never heard of this before. Is this legit? The rep told me I could pay anywhere between $35 to $50 for increases between $50 to $200 (max).

Help.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Paying for limit increases

What bank is this???????

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Paying for limit increases

SECURED CARDS SOMETIMES CHARGE FOR INCREASES...but you can wait fot a free increase.

Unsecured cards don't charge for increases, but an INQUIRY costs you dearly sometimes...
    When you call, ask for an "ALREADY APPROVED" increase or DEMAND a "SOFT INQUIRY".

4. mimi

mimi Guest

Orchard

Unsecured Mastercard.

5. mimi

mimi Guest

Re: Orchard

Thanks for the info. I'll just wait until they increase it. Actually, I might pay it off and possibly close the account.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

PAY IT OFF...DON'T USE IT...wait 1 or 2 months...if you don't have an automatic increase, then call to close it, they will try to keep you. You may get an interest rate percentage decrease and a credit line
    increase in the same call, or they will say "FINE YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOW CLOSED" BYE!!!

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

That sounds like robbery - pay $50 for a $200 limit increase? Is this Orchard (smart read the header)?

After paying great with AMEX and V/MC, these idiots sent me a preapproved visa for minimum $300 limit - up to .... I think it was $1000. Also, everyone that has gotten the Orchard Card got a crappy limit.

Orchard used to be a great subprime bank - on par with Cap 1 or FCNB. Household Bank bought them and really screw the Orchard applicants now.

Dump it ASAP!!!
    c ya dogman

8. mimi

mimi Guest

Well, I wish I could but fact of the matter is I can't right now. I don't have sparkling credit like everyone else here. I wish I could qualify for a AMEX card. I wouldn't mind just a $50 credit limit with AMEX LOL. As long as I had one, I could then prove myself. But.....reality of it I can't so....I'm stuck! :eek:(

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Mimi - my credit is lousy from a Chap 13 in 1996.
    I squeaked by and was approved for Green Card.

I did not express it well, but my point is that new ads are going out today - just read orchard search - and they are only giving $300 to anyone - no matter how much they make.

Keep that card - it'll lead to AMEX. 2 yrs w/ Cap One / Providian / FCNB / got me the AMEX.

cya mimi - dog

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

mimi,
    I received their credit card offers from Orchard Bank a couple of years ago . I remember they do charge credit limit increase fee in their card agreement. By the way, I don't have Orchard Bank fortunately.Some banks do charge limit increase fee in subprime card program.