Paying old debt/charge offs for FHA loan

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by galaxy727, Apr 6, 2014.

1. galaxy727

galaxy727 New Member

Ive been lurking on these boards for awhile and finally decided to ask for some advice and hoping the wonderful people of this community can assist me.

I was told that FHA loans require all debts charge offs/collections to be paid or settled so that is where I am starting.

I do owe this debt and it is set to fall off in 2018 per my CR. I am wanting to pay this because I am not wanting to wait until 2018. I am a little confused as to how to proceed.

Original Creditor Fingerhut who sold/transferred debt to collection agency WebBank who sold to Metabank.

Fingerhut/Webbank and Metabank all show charge offs on the account and then it looks like Jefferson Capitol bought the old debt. ( I believe Jefferson Capitol is a junk debt buyer)

The Jefferson Capitol information has a *date added* on the credit report and not *date opened* the Jefferson Capitol date added is different than the *date opened* from Fingerhut/Webbank/Metabank (all of these list the same *date opened *)

I already called the Original Creditor (Fingerhut) because my first thought was to pay the original creditor if possible but they are not able to pull up any information on the outstanding debt.

So at this point should I try to pay off the last collection agency (MetaBank) or address it with the junk debt buyer (Jefferson Capitol), and since I owe the debt and I know it is valid should I request a removal from my credit report if I pay in full? IF they wont pay for delete are they required to at least list it as paid in full on my credit report?

If one company (either MetaBank or Jefferson) agrees to remove it upon payment then after it is paid how would I go about getting the original creditor (Fingerhut) and the first Collection Agency (Webbank) to remove it or even just list it as paid?

I am planning on doing all these requests in writing certified return receipt so I have records of everything. I just need to know the best way to proceed.