paypal and linked checking accts...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ero2, Aug 20, 2003.

1. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

has anyone had any serious problems in linking your checking acct to your paypal acct? I have been readina a lot of stuff lately about how paypal can and very possibly will pull money from your checking account or charge your credit card with or without your knowledge or says so and am actually quite scared, and am thinking about closing my current bank account and opening another one at a different financial institution so that they have no access to my checking account. I am being ridiculously paranoid? Or is there some truth to my paranoia?

Thanks in advance.

2. mbelden

mbelden Member

I have had my checking account & credit card linked to Paypal for several years and have NEVER had a problem (knock on wood). I have read plenty of posts about people having issues with Paypal. If you are at all worried open a different account. You would feel better and it wouldn't be too much of a problem. Just remember most people who have problems complain and most people who haven't had any problems don't say anything.

3. mh1757

mh1757 Well-Known Member

I had problems one time when I fell for the fake paypal website that fooled me into resetting my password. Luckily, my credit card was maxed and my checking account only had a few dollars. I resolved this by opening a secondary checking account, which is mainly used for for paypal; I removed my credit card. BTW, after the paypal investigation, I was refunded the few dollars I lost. Note: Check you paypal account daily if possible.

4. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

I've had my paypal account for about alittle over 2 yrs and I haven't had any of the things happen to me that you describe. I have it linked to my checking account too and find it very convenient with ebay. I can deposit the money there into my checking acct within like 3 days. And i can withdraw money to pay for stuff too from my checking acct. Plus I have no fees to do it either.

5. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

I too only had one freak act of nature occurrance with PayPal in more than 2 and a half years...

That was the only time that I had to cancel a transaction, which I did within minutes of getting the transaction receipts.

After filling out the forms from PayPal, and having them notorized, almost as soon as they were received everything was reversed.

The only thing I had to put up with was warnings every few days about 'Your PayPal account is overdrawn. If it is not corrected at once, we may have to consider turning your account over to a collection agency for collection.'

6. prd2b

prd2b Member

I've had my paypal account linked to my checking account for years and have had no problems whatsoever.

I too have gotten those fake emails to reset my password from both paypal and ebay and luckily I noticed they were fake and didn't respond to them.