PBM - 1 minute??

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Nave, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

PBM, I saw Nana and George post about this but couldn't find their posts to bump up...can we go back to a more real-life time limit to edit posts...15 minutes was a good time...it allowed us to made revisions to posts where this 1 minute time limit does really nothing for us operating in real-life (28.8 modems take 1 minute to submit and refresh the page) BTW That was a cut and paste of the message, ADMINISTRATOR IS MISSPELLED as ADMISITRATOR :)

Also I notice when you hold your mouse over the EDIT button, the "MOUSE OVER MESSAGE" says "EDIT or DELETE"...can we delete a message? I have found no way to do so, without erasing everything and posting something like a period ".", a message like "I deleted post" or something since it will not let you submit a blank post.

Thanks for the LETTERS forum, any help in the EDITING arena would be appreciated also.

-Peace, Dave

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Case in point: I could not even edit and add a space between the ITALICS and the QUOTE, time ran out. :)

-Peace, Dave

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I agree.

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

And I too agree.
    The old 15 minutes served us well, now the only way to correct errors is to simply repost the same thing over again minus the errors.
    Not good.

5. pbm

pbm Administrator

Ooops- I had to set it to 1 minute for some testing and promptly forgot to set it back. Sorry about that. It'll be fixed by the time you read this.

Thanks,
    pbm

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Thank you very much, PBM.

We knew you did it on purpose. (LOL)

7. pbm

pbm Administrator

Progammers can't spell. ;-)

Sorry, deleting messages (including your own) is reserved for admins only.

-pbm

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fix over the long weekend (don't you get time off?:) Much appreciated.

-Peace, Dave

PS Old programmers can't spell either so don't look forward to some spelling revelation in the future! LOL

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You owe me 2 F.I.C.O. points for doing that...

:)

I'm owed about 8 points and NOBODY had delivered yet!

:)

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Sue the pants off them George:

(LOL)