PBM and all

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Concerned, Mar 8, 2001.

1. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Although I am happy with the new message board format, it appears that the ISP address ( meaning their individual emails can't be traced, I am correct?? Because if they could all of us would not be reading the insults and personal vicious attacks that have been going on for the past couple of days. This Slim/call myself ROB character would have been banned on the old system. Isn't there something that can done about this, if not then back to the old system atleast these people would be banned for a few days, it only appears you can delete them and frankly they must be getting old. This persn nows post as everyone, even though we can tell the difference, yes moron we can, but this has got to stop, now he seems to be adding a new person to his hitlist. Fellow board members should NOT have to put up with this period. I believe that something has to be done and done quickly or your board memebers would not be visiting this site for much longer and I can't even imagine what new visitors think??

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

I too am concerned. Others aren't in favor of this, I know, but maybe we should have a system whereby participants must register before they can post. The Email address info would have to be kept confidential but at least trouble makers could be tracked more easily.

Something definitely has to be done. Valued posters on here are being attacked, ridiculed and insulted. That isn't right.

Thanks. I definitely appreciate all of your hard work. You don't need to be putting up with this nonsense either.

Donna

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Donna

I agree we need some kind of system where the poster MUST register his/her email address prior to posting here. The last 2 nights have been horrible and I am sure the PBM is getting tired of having to monitor this board 24/7 and keep deleting these hateful attacks. I myself didn't even post last night b/c of all the things going on. I recently recommended this site to someone and they told me I was crazy, they apparently entered in the heat of an attack recently. And they were shocked at all the profanity and insults. I tried to explain that this board is normally quite helpful, but I am ashamed to say it hasn't been for a few weeks now, it's getting too hard to weed through the crap and find the questions that need to be answered.

Mom

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Gateways

I believe that the IP address is obviously identified at PBMs gateway. PBM does indeed have the ability to ID each address. I think PBM "screens" the IP once it hits this board. That is certainly one typical internet configuration.

CYA Dog

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Gateways

Thanks. I definitely appreciate all of your hard work. You don't need to be putting up with this nonsense either.

Donna======
    ===============RIGHT D.