PBM Forum Idea

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Quixote, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

How about a forum where a variety of useful links can be posted and kept?

Examples:
    *Places to get FICO scores and other credit scores
    *Where to find Correct Addresses, etc. on all of the Bad Guys (CA's CRA's, etc.), and who are the people that should be Served at that organization, etc.
    *???? I'll bet the regulars could come up with a dozen more.

I know I run across these types of links as I surf/ lurk here, but when I actually want to find a particular link a week later, I can't find it. I also notice the same questions being asked from week to week, which means that despite the search engine, some of that stuff is just too hard to find.

"I have all the money I'll ever need if I die by four o'clock." Henny Youngman

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten." George Carlin

2. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

3. Quixote

It's heading the right direction, I suppose. But, like all threads in this forum, it has ended up buried in time and difficult/ impossible to find. I sure did'nt know about it, and I've been looking for things like that. Thanks for the link, BTW.

A top level forum, devoted strictly to those FAQ's and common issues, would alleviate a lot of the clutter (like this thread, for instance) in the main forum. I can envison it being almost a graduate level seminar on How To, Where To, When To, etc.
    leaving the main forum for more in depth examinations of particular issues. With the occasional silliness thrown in, of course, just to keep it interesting. ;-)

4. greyfox

I have had problems finding threads too, and have learned that if I post to a thread I'm interested in bookmarking, I can then do a search on my name, and narrow down the field a little bit.

There may be some kind of bookmark function here, but I haven't seen it yet.

I agree that a forum such as you suggest would be nice.

5. Quixote

Good idea for a workaournd. Can you imagine what would happen if everyone started doing that, though? Chaos.

6. greyfox

Psssttt...we won't tell anyone else, just keep it between the two of us, ok? ;)

7. pbm

pbm Administrator

We like the idea and will set up such a forum for you. We will leave it to you, the members, to populate that forum with content and to keep it up-to-date.

Sound good?

-pbm

8. greyfox

Swell!

9. Quixote

Outstanding!

I look forward to it!

Onward Sancho!