PBM Please Respond

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by fla-tan, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fla-tan

fla-tan Well-Known Member

Every time I try to go to chat I get Error on Page. What would cause this and prevent me from joining the chat room?

fla-tan

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Ut oh. close everything and try again. we want you there! :D

3. fla-tan

tried closing everything and also tried shutting entire system down and restarting comp...nothing works

fla-tan

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

LOG OFF
    CLOSE BROWSER
    OPEN BROWSER
    LOG ON
    CLICK ON CHAT
    WORK???

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

oh :(

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

maybe security settings?

7. Maggie75

Maggie75 Well-Known Member

to fla tan

I had the same problem several times before when I tried to get in...finally, today, it worked.

missed you in chat. we were talking with "flush" about buying a house towards the last. thought you would have some great insights

8. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: to fla tan

For what it's worth, like Maggie, I tried to join breeze's chat party last night and couldn't get in either. :( It seemed to hang on "requesting access." Just now I tried it, though, and got into the chat room without a problem.

Doc

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Well, I will just have another beach party next weekend!! Missed you guys :)

10. pbm

pbm Administrator

Hello fla-tan,

What is the exact error message you are getting? If it is convenient please try accessing chat sometime in the evening during off-peak hours to see if you are able to get in at all.

Thanks,
    pbm

11. pbm

pbm Administrator

Hello PsychDoc,

Not sure what the problem is. Perhaps the maximum number of users was exceeded? As best as I can remember the limit is 50 simultaneous users but I would be surprised if there were that many users in chat last night.

If anyone can confirm an approximate number of users who successfully used chat last night I would appreciate hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    pbm

12. sassyinaz

sassyinaz Well-Known Member

ditto for me, PBM:

Same problem as Doc, hung at accessing.

Sassy

13. Maggie75

Maggie75 Well-Known Member

logging into chat

while we were in char room last pm, it was uniondiva, breeze, me, and jrjr. then diva was off, jrjr was off, and we were joined by myforce or something like that, and flush, and kelly. this was at the same time that doc and flatan were trying to get in and couldn't. think we had five on at same time max

Doc, maybe you can try again later tonight? breeze told me you warped in chat, sense of humor that is, as we see on board,

I want the instant gratification of chat. LOL LOL LOL let me know if you can join a conversation. email is on

14. fla-tan

PBM

When I just tried to go into chat, I got a yellow exclamation point and is said: Error on page

Hope you can help

fla-tan

15. pbm

pbm Administrator

Hi Fla-tan,

I just tried it myself and was able to log onto chat successfully. I suspect it's a problem with some OS & browser configurations.

Let's start with yours: what browser are you using, and what platform are you on? Please provide exact version numbers if possible. Also, can you confirm that your browser supports Java? Our chat software is Java-based and requires a Java-compatible client to work. Since Microsoft's implementation of Java is inconsistent across its OS releases that could be the culprit.

Sincerely,
    pbm

P.S. Once you respond I will move this thread into the 'Feedback' forum so be sure to look for further replies there.

16. fla-tan

PBM

I am running win98 and using IE6. I think that this may be the problem as I uninstalled IE6 and went back to IE5 and was able to go into chat. I then reinstalled IE6 and once again was not able to access chat. I think you may be correct about a compatability problem with IE6.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

fla-tan

17. pbm

pbm Administrator

Thanks for your response, fla-tan. We are looking into this.

Sincerely,
    pbm

18. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I'm running win 2000 Pro, and IE 6.0. I don't have any problems with the chat area.

19. fla-tan

PBM

I have determined what the problem is. It has nothing to do with IE6. I am also running a program that prevents popup windows and it blocks the chat window from opening. If I turn the popup window blocker off, then I can go into chat mode.

fla-tan

20. pbm

pbm Administrator

Glad to hear it's not us. :) I'll ask Dave to add this to the FAQ section.

Regards,
    -pbm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.