Penny's CC

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by penguin, Jul 15, 2001.

1. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

I disputed a few lates on the JC Penny card through Equifax, and they were deleted. A couple of weeks later, I received a letter from Penny's apologizing for the inconvenience and that they would delete all the lates from all credit bureaus. Great news! I wish all creditors were like that!

2. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Penguin,

Do you have a contact at JC Penney (Monogram)? I have been disputing lates on my Equifax report for over a year and it seemed with each dispute I aquired a new negative JC Penney trade line! At one point I had 4 and all negative of course.

I finally called JC Penney directly and asked them why in God's name were they reporting 4 trade lines to which they responded they had no idea. When the rep looked up my account she said my account had no lates on file. Armed with this info I went back to Equifax, who inturn deleted 3 of the 4 entries but still left lates and an I3 rating on the remaining JC Penney trade line.

So this morning I fired off a letter to Equifax threatening to file a lawsuit for violation of the FCRA. Let's see what happens.

Manny

3. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't have a contact name. The letter was sent from their customer service without a signature. Again, I didn't initiate a correspondence with them; they wrote the letter themselves! I doubt if this helps much, but the phone number is: 800-542-0800. Maybe you can request a letter from them certifying that you don't have the lates and you can send a copy to each credit bureau you're having problems with. It seems like Monogram is cooperative and want to keep their customers. Good luck on your endeavor.

4. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Manny,

I had problems w/them in the last year when they sold their account to Monogram Bank for servicing(remember when the statement changed looks?). I used to have 2 entries on my bureau(1 major- 1 regular),but in the change over,they had DUPLICATED each one. I could not get any satisfaction w/them by certified letter/return receipt,so I took it up w/their corporate office here in Plano,Texas & finally got it resolved.

Thier phone # is 972-431-1000.

Good Luck...

Sister Girl

5. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Sister Girl,

Thanks for the number. I tried writing to Monogram as well, since I did have a problem with my Syms charge and they were kind enough to delete the trade line when I explained why I had fallen behind. However, when I wrote to them regarding JC Penney my letter was returned by the Post Office for unknown address. Anyway, I faxed Equifax a very firm dispute letter telling them to either correct the trade line or risk a lawsuit. I included a copy of the letter from JC Penney dated June 26, 2001, indicating that they were going to unrate the account.

I'll wait and see and thanks again for your response!

Manny