Peoples Bank CT, 0% till 04

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by denied, Aug 10, 2003.

1. denied

denied Well-Known Member

I need opinions; good / bad / ugly (on the bank).

I'm still riding Citi's 0% till '04 BT from last year, but

...this seems like a decent promo. 0% on purchases and BT till 7-04, no annual fee.

They want a 3% BT fee which means I'd just as soon leave my big money with Citi, but I'm seeking opinions whether the offer is worth my time for the 0% purchase rate.

Searching didn't really turn up a lot on the bank. How are they with initial CLs? What about high balances, will they deny for this reason?

My scores are all 710-720ish but I do have lots of balances.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I don't remember anything bad about them when I had them...EXCEPT they must have REFUSED to lower the interest rate...(I ASSUME)

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I applied for their card maybe 4 years ago. This was before you could easily get your credit scores. I don't know what my scores were at the time, but I do know that I have never had bad credit. I remember that they pulled Experian (I am in NY). Times change though, so that might not hold true anymore. I also remember that they denied me, but I can't remember why. They seemed pretty hard to get even though their benefits weren't better than anyone else's.

Sorry, that's all I have

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

5. lakpr

lakpr Well-Known Member

I have a Peoples Bank credit card ... I have both good and "bad" things to say about them.

Good things:
    ==========
    I have had that card since 1997; I got a classic Visa card with them with $10,000 limit then. I responded to a mail-in solicitation, and was approved. Their initial limit was $10,000, even though it was a classic card, it was the highest-limit card I had at that time. My Citi Mastercard limit was only $6600 then, if I remember correctly. I was earning $32K then in my first job after college (Citi was my student card, later upgraded to Platinum)

I have always gotten balance transfer checks with NO fee from them very frequently, at promotional interest rates, at least once every 3 months ... I have never paid more than 5.9% in the last 6 years and I used those checks all the time, to the full extent. I NEVER used the card for any purchases; used it only balance transfers, to take advantage of their BT offers.

Good customer service, their 800 number directly takes you to a rep always, no long hold time on the phone.

Bad things:
    =========
    Never had a single dollar in credit limit increase in all these years. Never got the card upgraded to Gold or Platinum in all these years. Requested CL increases on and off, but was denied ... they did not pull any hard inquiries on any CRA, though.

I recently got a notice, just about a week ago, that they are replacing all VISA cards with MASTERCARDs, and that my card is going to be upgraded to a Platinum, but still no CL increase ... :( I will still keep the card, because their balance transfer offers are frequent and one of the best ..., plus it's my second oldest tradeline now after Citi ....