People's Energy

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by flogg, Sep 27, 2003.

1. flogg

flogg Member

3 years ago, I was on this forum to clear up mine and hubby's credit reports to buy a house.

My FICO - 525
    Hubby's - 549

After paying off cards, catching things up, about 6 months later they were

My FICO - 575
    Hubby's - 640

We were able to get a NINA for $185,000 at 9.75%. High rate, but overall the result has been good. The two year pre-pay is up in 4 months and we need to get a "real" mortgage. In March, we got me a small car loan on Hubby's credit.

My FICO - 585
    Hubby's - 720

In May, we got Hubby a car. His was down significantly (693), but we thought it was probably the new car loan for me.

Now his score is 621. A very old (1997) utility account for $204 got put on in March, probably right after the first auto. This was not on the reports back in 2000 when I was cleaning up. At the very least, this should show 6 years old, which wouldn't be too bad on his credit.

Can this be fixed and how? The charge is apprently his from an old apartment shared by several guys. He moved out and they stiffed him. The $204 is hardly the problem, but I do remember that paid or not the collection will look just as bad and the money owed is the only leverage we have.

The collection agent is CBCS.

Thanks ..pj

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Validate

3. flogg

flogg Member

OK, here is an update. People's Energy will send us a letter that if we pay the balance, they will report it paid in full and age it properly, which would be 1997.

Will this substantially improve my husband's score? She would not just remove it, only age.

4. jenz

jenz Well-Known Member

i wouldn't pay them a dime unless they remove the entire tradeline from your reports.

have you checked the statute of limitations for collecting on this debt?

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

This is a collection agency or the OC?

6. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

OMG, if you pay they will AGE IT PROPERLY???????? Do you not hear the alarms ringing??????

I would check the SOL for your state (probably up), and send them an ITS that if they delete this out of SOL debt you will not sue them for $1000 for illegally reaging this account.

CBCS will roll like a meatball down a hill....you'll just have to trust me, I have a confidentiality agreement.

7. flogg

flogg Member

This is the OC.

My husband has legal insurance with his employer, so we will call tomorrow and check it out. We didn't really realize that this was actually illegal for them to refuse to correct.

8. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Let us know what the attorney says before you do anything. Many of them have little to no experience with the FCRA.

9. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

1997 defaults should come off all by themselves in 2004.

My counter offer to People's Energy would be:

You pay me $1000 Statutory Damages for re-aging the account (A violation of FCRA) in the first place or I will sue.

After you pay me for the FCRA violation, THEN we will discuss me paying you.

10. lbrown59

OMG, if you pay they will AGE IT PROPERLY???????? Do you not hear the alarms ringing??????
    jlynn
    I would check the SOL for your state (probably up), and send them an ITS that if they delete this out of SOL debt you will not sue them for $1000 for illegally reaging this account.
    jlynn
    ==========
    Confession they say is good for the soul

11. lbrown59

OK, here is an update. People's Energy will send us a letter that if we pay the balance, they will report it paid in full and age it properly, which would be 1997.Will this substantially improve my husband's score? She would not just remove it, only age.
    flogg
    ============
    This is good for a $2000 ITS letter.

12. lbrown59

Click here: CREDITNET | Straight Talk | | People's Energy

Any progress?

13. lbrown59

Re: Re: People's Energy

14. flogg

flogg Member

yes, actually I pulled hubby's credit last night. IT IS COMPLETELY GONE FROM ALL 3 CRA's !!! They must have aged it properly and poof.

15. flogg

flogg Member

Oh, I meant to mention that TU shot up to 737, EX to 689 and EQ tp 677. We should be able to refinance now.

16. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: People's Energy

You can still sue them for their VIOLATIONs!
    Just because they made it right doesn't mean they didn't commit the crime.
    This is what the purple line in my signature below is all about.

Folks we're letting them off to easy!

That's why they keep screwing us over and over and over again.

><- <>- ><- <> ~~~ ><- <>- ><- <> ><- <>- ><- <> ~~~ ><- <>- ><- <>