Personal Loan Help!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Smit, May 1, 2003.

1. Smit

Smit Well-Known Member

Where can someone get a personal loan with a credit score of less then 600 credit score? We have already tried our credit union.

2. Smit

Smit Well-Known Member

Bump:

Any help? Like Citi Financial or other places that do personal loans, what kind of credit does it take to get a loan?

3. Pster

Pster Member

Do you know anyone with good credit who would cosign with you? Say family member?

4. wajaba

wajaba Well-Known Member

Wells Fargo Financial approved me for 5k with my TU Fico around 630-640. And based on that one hard inquiry, they apparently saw fit to send me a 4k Gold Visa card (with an 18% apr, of course.)

Hope that helps,

wajaba

5. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

Washington Mutual Finance approved me for a $5k line of credit. 21% APR.

I would apply through www.lendingtree.com and have lenders compete for your business. That's how I was approved for the WaMu Finance LOC.

6. Smit

Smit Well-Known Member

Unfortunatly we don't know anyone who would cosign. Our credit scores are in the high 500s. Maybe we could get 1k at lending tree? I don't know and I am scared to try.

7. cre8ivegrl

cre8ivegrl Well-Known Member

Do you have anything you can use as collateral to secure it with?

8. Smit

Smit Well-Known Member

No, not at this time. Our car is upside down and our home has no equity, (or not enough equity to justify doing a refi at this time since we just moved in not that long ago an a no money down loan). I guess I just need to wait it out or try and get a second job.