Personel CR different from lenders?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Becky, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Recently I have had several CR form all three CRA pulled from several different type of lenders.

Due to numerous errors discovered on them I had both my husbands & my reports ordered so I could dispute the items.

These reports came with different errors & info then what the lenders reports had on them.

Why are the lenders reports so much more in depth then what you get personnel?

How can you possible keep up with the errors when each report has different stuff? If you only go off of the one sent to you personnel you wouldn't know 1/2 the stuff that the lenders get. Right or wrong.

Becky

2. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

I agree, and find this interesting.

Please give a specific example.

3. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Greg,
    The worst & most damaging. was the mortgage from the house we sold in 11/00. Paid in full, on time no problems.

My Husbands TU personnel reports correctly
    $0 balance
    most owed $148,00
    closed 11/00

lender TU dosen't appear at all

Personnel Experian reports 12/00
    paid in settlement/foreclosure proceddings started (wrong)
    Balance N/A

Lender Experian reads Settled then a bunch of lates (wrong)

Personnel Equifax shows with the name of another Mortgage co.
    $0 balance
    settlement accepted(wrong)
    2-30 day late(wrong)
    1-90 (again wrong)

lenders dosen't appear

My reports TU wrong mortgage co name
    $147,172 balance(wrong)
    $148,000 most owed
    updated 10/00

Lender no report

Experian personnel don't have yet

lender Same as my husbands

Equifax still waiting for them to verify who I am so they will send me my personnel copy so that I may talk to them on the phone.

Lender right name
    $0 balance
    forclosure(real big wrong)
    11/00

I called the mortgage co. The woman I talked to swore it was never reported anything but correctly. I told her I had the papers in my hand I would fax them to her. She said she was reading it on her computer screen & if there was a problem it was with the CRA not them. Good bye.

That's just one item out of about 20. My husband & I have the same credit on everything. Yet it's all reported differently even between the two of us.

So how are you suppose to clean this up? I noticed more items showed up on the lenders copies then the personnel. If I didn't have the lenders copies also I would not have known that these items were wrong cause they don't appear on our personnel copies.????

I am so frustrated. Cause of this I can't get a loan for a new house.
    Becky

4. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Becky,

Can you get a letter from the previous mortgage company stating that then loan balance is Zero, that it's Paid-in-full, never any lates, etc....??

This letter could then be sent to all three and have them correct the mistakes on the accounts. I know that our motgage had to be corrected on all three. I had to get them to report sold, zero balance. Now for some reason, Experian dropped the mortgage all together and has the very first holder of the mortgage as open.

One thing that helps me is that I do have my letter from the mortgage company stating the loan is paid in full, never late, and sold. They also state I no longer have any liability for the loan.

It never ends really, I can't believe that anyones report stays correct for very long.

5. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

You're making a good move by posting here. A month ago, I suggested that someone post the details of her credit report here (because it was all, obviously, sobody else's information)-- and she got immediate results, with the national credit bureau falling all over themselves to apologize and make the corrections while she waited on the phone.

Name names and take it into your own hands. Ironically, if you do that, this thread may disappear.

First, immediately, order your own reports directly from the three national credit reporting agencies (MAILED to you-- not over the web). By doing that, you're getting the information from the source, and nobody can dispute that the data exists or doesn't exist. With those reports, you can return to the company who prepared the mortgage report and tell them to get their act together. I presume you're paying for the mortgage report, so get your money's worth.

Next get your three bureau online report from http://www.consumerinfo.com/3bonline . It is in web page format. Save it to your hard drive, and send it to me if you want me to help. No charge. I'm not licensed to act as a professional in credit repair-- I'm a writer. If I write about you, you may be anonymous and your account information will not be compromised.

But, I'll bet we'll get results.

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Go for it Becky!!

This is some scarey stuff they are doing to you.

And the thought that lender gets a report with information we know nothing about??????? Really really scarey, and, it seems to me, illegal.

breeze

7. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

When I had contacted the mortgage company about this & the lady was so rude. She asked if I had gotten my relase of mortgage & the fed 1098 tax statment. I said yes & she told me that was all that they were required to provide. Nice huh.

As soon as I can get my Experian & Equifax (have all my husbands) I'll have to sort it all out & get back to Greg. Thanks for the offer.

Becky