PFB and Citi AAdvantage success

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Sep 12, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Yes, after explaining my situation concerning past credit history, I was approved for a citibank AAdvantage MC.

Finally, a prime card. I don't have a big cl though ($1k). I wanted to do bt in order to get rid of Orchard Bank and Providian MC.

Can I combine my Prov visa with my prov mc into 1 Gold or Plat card?

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Congratulations, mother2!!!! That is wonderful news. You are on your way to more prime offers.

Ask them to do a referral on the Citi account (I don't know if BT offers exist on the AAdvantage series, but they do exist on the Platinum Select card) b/c you want to do a balance transfer for ____ amount above your credit limit. They will pull a hard inquiry, but I think it is worth it if you can get 6.9% for 6 months or lower and free up (but not close) those sub-prime accounts. You'll know from Citibank by the next day whether your CL referral was approved.

I'm really happy for you,

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! That's wonderful, expecially that they were willing to discuss your situation with you.

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

thanks Marci and Breeze.

As soon as I get my card, I will ask for a referral of the acct. Maybe they will transfer the balance. This will sure lower my debt ratio.

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

I don't think you can combine Providian cards. Well that's what I was told when I called.

6. Om

Om Well-Known Member

mother2-

how long was it before you heard back from CITI?

I was also told by Providian that I cannot combine my accounts.

-Om