PFB Crooks Country Bank, worked!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mglanham, Sep 1, 2001.

1. mglanham

mglanham Well-Known Member

Allright, I know I shouldn't even have this card, but I got suckered into it a year and a half ago. Now I just keep if for the length of the tradeline. I have never used it, just paid the fees and then the annual fee. I won't dare use it due to all the crap I hear about them. Anyway, I PF'D em, about offering me a 350 dollar increase for $100. I told them why should I have to pay for an increase when I got one in the past for free. I PF'D em 4 times! Just kept copying and pasting that letter. Anyway, got response today, they said they offer increases for free on an annual basis, any offers inbetween are at a charge of $100. However, they gave me an increase and waived the fee! Hey, its not much, but anything from Cross Country for free is a big win in my book.

MG
    Can't wait to close this crappy card!

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

First, Congrats! That is excellent!

They worked for my hubby, too! They responded to him by snail mail but it did work!

3. mglanham

Thanks Nana, even the smallest "credit" victory makes my day.....especially with Crooks Country. Your Hubby still have the card? If so what limit? Also, four renting cars under 25, I think either national or enterprise. I travel all the time and have a younger sidekick. We ran into the same trouble and I thought it was one or the other that didn't have that policy. Not 100% though, check em out.

Matt

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the rental info...we found out Thrifty will, as well, as long as you have a credit card in your name! We will now have some choices on rates and that really helps!

Hubby has 2 Cross Country cards...one is at $2000, the other at $850. I have to say (it's like I'm ashamed of this, LOL) that they have been good with him for over 2 years now..but we know the other shoe could fall at any time and he is getting a cap one now. Of course, he'll have to keep these guys open as they are his longest open credit line. :)

5. mglanham

my thoughts exactly on keeping them open, I am doing the same thing. If I had found this board a long time ago, I would have gotten a decent subprime back then. Basically, I need the old tradeline too, so I'm stuck with "the Crooks". I won't use the card though, just keep complaining to them to increase the limits. They are a pain in the A@@ for a lot of people, I am going to return the favor...... Every 3 months I'm going to PFD em to death! Glad you found a car!

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thank you! He's going to not use them out of respect for the many they have done dirty! It'll feel good! :)

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Did hell freeze over recently? ;)

Wow!! That is an accomplishment!!
    and no fee for a PFB letter? I would think they would charge a fee for that, LOL.

8. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

PFB got me an EX deletion with Crooks Country. Also the easy way around getting a rental car is as follows...sign up with their preferred renter programs and they'll send you their card...You just stick the card in the machine, get your car, rate is charged to the card in your profile, and show your ID and agreement at the checkout gate and be gone. Never have to see a rude counter rep.

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Kitt: Can you sign up with the preferred program under 25?

My daughter has now officially been turned down by all we talked about. :(

10. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Nana,

Alamo is the most lenient of all..They even let you use your debit card and do not block any additional amounts on your card.

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks, Kitt!