pfb Cross Country Crooks

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by soup, Nov 2, 2001.

1. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any luck using PFB for the Cross Country Crooks?

2. mglanham

mglanham Well-Known Member

yep, I sent them a copy of the same letter every 3 days till they finally responded. It was for a free credit line increase, which they gave me. I basically harassed them to death. Since then however, I called them and told them to shove their card up their a$$. I have a Chase and Citi now. Good luck though, it all depends on the request I imagine.

3. direct

direct Well-Known Member

Yes after 2 years stuck at the $400 cl level and after I initiated a call and being told that they randomly give increases or they would give me an additional $350 increase for the "small" sum of a $100 increase fee, I went to Planet Feedback and sent a letter explaining that I have a perfect payment history with Cross Country as well as all of my other creditors (this was about the same time that my annual fee was coming due)
    and that I have never been offered a credit line increase and that I had every intention of cancelling my account unless they would increase my credit line and waive my annual fee. I went on to explain that I now have numerous Visa and Mastercards with respectable credit lines and do not need to pay such outrageous fees. About 30 days passed and I received a letter in the mail that as a "one time" courtesy, they would increase my credit line to $750 and waive my annual fee. As Cross Country was one of my oldest tradelines, I really just wanted to have it as a positive tradeline but I would have cancelled if not for the favorable response.

Good luck!

Direct