PFB-->MBNA....They called!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Oct 26, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Long story short.......(don't laugh) I applied for the Fidelity Quantum Visa card that they sent me an invitation for. I know I know......but I knew they would check Experian and if all else failed.....well you know what to do when you get denied for someone that pulls Experian. At any rate, I was hoping that since I was a Fidelity customer w/ boo-coo bucks in my account, they would take that into consideration.......WRONG! Oh, and by the way.....that inquiry came back verified! :-O

So I let it go.....then almost 2 months later, Author_22 suggested that I PFB them. She did the same and got approved so I thought, what the heck....why not! So I drafted a cleaver letter (with her help) on the 19th and fired it off. Well low and behold, I get home today and guess who left me a message? Yep.....MBNA! Said to call so I called.....no answer! Darn.....guess the time difference was an issue and they are probably closed. So I'll call them on Monday.

In my letter, I stated that I had not had any delinquency in three years. I also stated that any negative info had been paid and that my student loans were reporting inaccurately. I only asked them to reconsider me for a basic b.s. $500 card so that I could build a relationship with them and show them that I'm worthy. Could this have worked???? We'll find out Monday I guess.

<.....Fidelity Quantum...HA! Who the hell did I think I was???? Ivanna Trump? LOL.....>

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

<fingers crossed>

3. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you have a great chance for the card :)

Companies never call if they're gonna deny the reconsideration.

Like I said, be prepared to justify your bad credit and explain how you will use this new credit.

I have a great feeling :)!!!

4. author_22

Another tip...the MBNA reconsideration reps almost always work 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern time Monday to Friday! :)

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

MP$40 I hope and feel confident that you will get the card.

I have not been a customer of MBNA or a fan of them for that matter.

However, my understanding is that they have a "Customer Advocate" office like Cap One. This is probably the office that is contacting you.

Best regards,

Jim

6. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

HEY! that's my line, Breeze!

:p

(we can share....)

Shawn (fingers crossed too!)

7. Cadillac408

Drum Roll.....

MBNA JUST CALLED ME AT WORK!

I didn't even get a chance to return the guys phone call. He called me!

At any rate.....we discussed some stuff. He wanted to know my relationship with Fidelity. I told him that I have a 401k and a brokerage account. Then he asked about other banks. I told him E*Trade, and my credit union. We discussed the student loans reporting on my credit report as paid collections. I explained. I also explained the paid chargeoff from Ford. He was very understanding.

Bottom line: He offered me their Platinum card with a $5500 limit! No annual fee, and a 1.6% BT option for 6 months (can't remember the go to rate). This is all pending job verification and I also had to send him a fax showing my Fidelity account statement that I printed on-line.

So, for those of you who have applied for MBNA.....I urge you to PFB them for reconsideration. It really works! ;-D

8. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Re: Drum Roll.....

Right on! Congrats!

Happy for you.

9. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Congratulations, MP$40!

10. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Congrats to you MP!

I love planetfeedback! Also, MBNA was the easiest creditor I had to negotiate w/ when I fired the CCCS I was using.

Enjoy your new card.

11. beary

beary Well-Known Member

Conga Rats!!

12. Cadillac408

Thanks...also...

Just wanted to add....

The rep was REALLY IMPRESSED at the fact that I had a Citibank Visa since 1992! He couldn't stop talking about that and the fact that I had another account with them with a $10500 limit! Then I told him that I was recently approved for the AMEX Delta SkyMiles card and he was like, really? Wow....

So I told him that the inaccuracies on my credit report have limited me some.....but not that much! He strongly urged me to try and work harder to get the student loans fixed.

Wow.....this guy must of felt his ears burning.....he just called AGAIN to tell me that my account was set up and that I should receive my card in less than 2 weeks! Wow...also....said that there is NO annual fee and the apr is 11.9%. BT offer is good until March. The go to rate is 11.9%. Not bad I guess....

13. beary

beary Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks...also...

If he calls again...ask him out on a date. :)

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I had NO success with PFB MBNA...11.99% is too high (THEY WON'T LOWER IT EVEN THOUGHT PRIME IS 5.50%).
    WON'T INCREASE THE CREDIT LIMIT AFTER 6 YEARS.
    THEY DON'T HAVE DIRECT E-MAIL AND WILL CONTINUE THAT POLICY.
    SHE PULLED AN OUT DATED CREDIT REPORT, AND STARTED ASKING APPLICATION QUESTIONS. SHE COULDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR ME, EXCEPT WASTE A "HARD" INQUIRY, SO I SAID "FORGET IT" AND HUNG UP!!! IF I DIDN'T HAVE 1.70% ON A BT, IT WOULD BE CLOSED RIGHT NOW!!!

15. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

WOW MP, and we were talking 500 limit LOL. That is great news you have come so very far girl:)

16. Cadillac408

Wow! Sorry to hear that. Yes 11.9% is hight for someone with a credit history like yours. For me on the other hand, that's a different story. I'll take what I can get. Beggers can't be choosers. Believe it or not, my Citibank Visa has the lowest apr of all my cards (9.something???). Next is MBNA at 11.9%, then Citi AA at 14.9% (that was the best they could offer me) and then AMEX Delta SkyMiles at 16.49%, and then my Providian cards have 16.9% (gold) and I think? 23.99% (MC...but I paid that one off so doesn't matter). My goal is to keep building my credit then gradually try to get these apr's down.

Gee.....he was going over stuff with me on my credit report. He mentioned Experian AND TU. Humm....wonder if he got a fresh copy of my report?? I'll check...

Hey GEORGE:
    If you want the name and number of the guy that helped me, email me and I'll send it to you. He was very understanding. Let me know....

MP$40

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I THINK THEY ARE TIRED OF BEING USED TO "MY" BENEFIT...

I will pay in full when the 1.70% ends 12/31/2001...and do a "DISCOVERCARD"
    (SOCK DRAWER)...

QUANTUM BENEFITS?!?!?!?!

18. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Ok help me figure this one out then? How did my 22 year old niece get a $5K with MBNA and she has "jacked" them. Just screwed up her credit. I am working on hers. But man..I couldn't even get $2 when I was 22. Everyone told me that I didn't have enuff credit. Is life fair? MAAANNNN!

By the way, what's the MBNA guys name and number, maybe we can all take him out on a busness/lunch/dinner date. Maybe he will feel sorry for me and give me a $100 limit. LOL! But seriously give us the juicy details. Name and number..See how 2 tylenol sinus tabs can affect you?

19. author_22

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it would happen :)

20. author_22

MP40:

My rate is 12.9% :) MBNA rules!!!!