PG Activity Alert?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mcdavis4, Aug 28, 2003.

1. mcdavis4

mcdavis4 Well-Known Member

Two times this month (one today), I received an email alert from PG stating that I had sometime of activity on my reports. I go there this am and there is nothing in the alerts (just like last time). I pull my report and nothing has changed. Nothing added, nothing deleted, no status changes, no credit pulls added or deleted. My PG FAKO has not changed either.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Does it mean that a change should show up soon?

Thanks,
    Michelle

2. knbunited

knbunited Active Member

yes, I had the same thing happen to me....and I went and pulled my reports, no change was visible to my eyes.

3. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

Does the "alert" happen right after you check your reports on PG?

4. mcdavis4

No. It happened last night and I checked it yesterday morning. I can't remember the timing of the previous alert.

Thanks,
    Michelle

5. SoParkDiva

Re: Re: PG Activity Alert?

PG sends you a e-mail which may look like an alert each time you check your report. It may not happen immediately after you check online but it happens the same day. Nothing to worry about.

6. mcdavis4

No, I have been using PG for over three months and it is not the same. It is an alert. I have DSL, so right after pulling my report daily, I delete the acknowledgment from my mail. This alert came last night.

Anyone else with experience with this?

Thanks,
    Michelle

7. kingsx

kingsx Active Member

I received the alert as well and I showed no activity, though there had been activity.

I noticed that the dates on the alert were from may to July I think ( i don't have it with me). I Looked at it closely and realized that all of the changes that have been made to my reports occurred after the dates specified in the activity report.

I am hoping that since I am a new user and this was my first activity report that next months report will actually show the true activity on my reports.

KingsX

8. SoParkDiva

I stand corrected. But please note that the consumer report and what the merchants see are actually 2 different entities. Obviously something has changed but the consumer report has not been updated to reflect that change. Good luck.

9. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

I called PG (consumerinfo) about this and a few other problems.

Turns out they've had substantial email problems - messages going out late and duplicated. For the most part, I think the wise thing to do is just ignore their emails and login and check your reports when you can. I do it daily, but I've become a b-word addict.

According to the woman I spoke with, the report is updated at the end of each month, so we're almost due.

10. mcdavis4

I looked at my alert report and it had nothing on it and my dates were like yours. I haven't applied for any credit (until yesterday) in over 5 months. I had two minor disputes that were settled over a month ago and have already updated. So I am not sure I am just not sure what change could be possibly pending.

Thanks,
    Michelle

11. mcdavis4

Thanks DanS. I was beginning to think I was crazy. I also check mine daily although, I really do not have much activity to watch. Of course my scores change often, though!

Thanks,
    Michelle