PGE Bankruptcy in CA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Apr 7, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Its really assuring to know that our fabulous power utility - Pacific Gas and Electric, declared bankruptcy yesterday. Chapter 11.

If they owe AMEX, they should call 1800THECARD, asked to be transferred to a Centurion Bank Acct Mgr, explain the situation - and tell the AMEX Account Manager they will keep the lights on at the San Fran AMEX offices if they reinstate their Card privileges.

Thank you thank you.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Hey Dog...

I live in a 2 bedroom apt. and PG&E raped me for $92 last month! :(

What's even worse is that I live in a town where we pay a separate utilities company for Electric (thank GOD) but pay PG&E for Gas. HOW IS MY BILL $92 WHEN THE ONLY GAS APPLIANCES I HAVE ARE MY STOVE AND 1 WALL HEATER THAT IS HARDLY EVER ON???????? Believe me, I don't cook that much either!

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Re: Hey Dog...

My friends tried to save them by having a bake sale in front of the PG&E office in Berkeley a couple of months ago but I guess it was too little too late.

4. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I don't live in Cali anymore, Maryland now, but we are seeing huge increases here as well. Gas range and dryer, two residents, both mostly cook via microwave, and we had an increase in gas from 172.00 (Large house) to 298.00 in two month.

.....longs for the days of wood cookstoves and candlelight : )

I always found it a little confusing that the taxpayers fund nuclear/other power plants and yet pay exorbitant prices for the service.

5. anne

anne Guest

Well, I guess when they shut off the eletric, Dogman, we won't be hearing from you! LOL! I live in Illnois and we still use quite a bit of coal, so I guess it's a crap shoot either way! Come to the midwest,we are more sane hear.

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Your style cooks every time I read one of your posts :)

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RESPONSE #2

According to the PGE executives that recieved their happy bounuses the day B4 the bankruptcy - the bake sale didn't offer enough variety, and many items had to be bought from out of state- at higher prices - oddly enough.

Glad all the nice mahoghany elizabethan executive office furniture was PROTECTED because it got moved to the Holding Company - which of course has no legal liability to aNYONE.
    I guess the crystal martini glasses (waterford) that PGE celebrated for all their dividends are being used at the holding company.

Southern California Edison will be next.

Maybe they should try for a Cross Country Bank POWER Line of Credit at 188%. With an extra $4.95 per transaction.

you can see the sarcasm could continue.

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

More!!!

<applause>

9. Len

Len Guest

Re: More!!!

During a cold East Bay winter years ago, I opted for PG&E's program for averaging my bill over the year, which kept it around $50 a month. It is now up to $100 a month and after the PUC's last mugging, I will have a balance so high that I will simply surrender the keys to the power company if I ever move.