Phew!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hope, Jun 27, 2001.

1. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

During an earlier escapade this week, I went on Equifax to sign up for that monitoring program.

Well, it claimed it needed proof that I am who I say I am and asked a copy of driver's license, and utility bill or bank statement. (Never mind that they have recently let me buy and view my CR online).

I was just following through this afternoon and scanned a copy of my driver's license and was about to photocopy a recent bank statement when I got "the willies". I stood staring at the statement until my eyes fell on the charge for "Junum.com"

Whooooops!! Can't send that one!!

I opted for a utility bill instead.

Heads up in case any else was about to innocently do this. I nearly ruined the whole shootin match!!

P.S. All my bills go to PayMyBills.Com, with their address. But it does show the address of service so I guess the CRAs better get with the program because this is a wave of the future.

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

LOL Good advice. Missed it by that much!

-Dave

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Wow, Hope..good advice! :)
    Thanks!

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

That's another great reason why I never send them what they ask for. (LOL)

I do send them both my DL and SS on the same sheet of paper. The two will just about fill up a whole 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper. Then I use a special letter instead of letting them in on my private business.

Heck with that. And the special letter I send takes care of their demands for my private information which I am not about to give them any of they don't already have.

I wouldn't have to worry about sending them anything showing any of the credit fixers on it, but I might accidently let time in on other stuff they don't need to know.

Better not to take chances