Phone offer...is this for real

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Guaranteed, Nov 17, 2000.

1. Guaranteed

Guaranteed Guest

Is this offer for real? Key Credit Solutions called me again... For $219.95 debit from my checking I will get 2 VISA's and 1 MASTERCARD Guranteed! I asked "from which banks". She said they have list from over 300...but most get it from Bank of America and First National Bank. Is this offer for real????? When I said I"m not interested... She said, "Your not interested in over $5,000 in Credit with GUARANTEED Fixed Rates of 11-13%" I said "no"... SHe said "well it's your LOSS BUddy" and hung up!

2. Barb

Barb Guest

RE: Phone offer...is this for

I'm not sure if these are legit, probubly not. I do know they were very rude to me also, when I told them that I already had credit cards and did not have to pay a fee for them the rep called me a liar, so I hung up on him. Even if they are legit why would anyone want to do business with a company that is so rude.

3. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Any legit place would not call you up and be rude. I would think they would try to be as sweet as possible so they can convince you to get the card. It's got to be a scam.

4. Carrot

Carrot Guest

A legit credit card offer would come in the mail, not over the phone. Avoid these people, this is a scam. Why send them $219 for a card you know nothing about when you could get a secured credit card from any number of banks?

5. samantha

samantha Guest

Key credit is a real credit card company. Howvwer this is definetly a scam. These people are not from key credit. Right now there are people calling consumers saying they are from many different credit card companies trying to get there money,mothers maiden names, and social security numbers. never give this info out over the phone to a person who calls you for any reason (if you call the company thats a different story).

Carrot wrote:
    -------------------------------
    A legit credit card offer would come in the mail, not over the phone. Avoid these people, this is a scam. Why send them $219 for a card you know nothing about when you could get a secured credit card from any number of banks?

6. Marc

Marc Guest

True True. The majority of call centers have a policy where they record all calls and evaluate them to ensure customer satisfaction. Any telemarketer who is legit is going to be scared to lose his job if he is rude. Thanks for bringing this point to light!

Thanks,

Marc Crapo
    Director of Sales
    www.creditnet.com