Pier One Imports Credit Card?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Aug 18, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Does anyone know which credit bureau they pull? Does anyone have this card?

2. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Roni- are Pier One cards still being issued by Monogram? If so, they pull TU in New England (used to pull Equifax).

-mj

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

UGH! Thanks anyway though. I wont waste my time then.

4. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Roni-

Just checked on the web site - they don't disclose who issues it, but the payment address is St. Cloud MN.

That means they could be serviced by Direct Merchants or Federated (yup- Macy's and Bloomie's does service some retail cards, guess this could be one of 'em?).

SO... if it's Federated, they like Experian.

What the heck - looks like a great rewards program if you spend >$1k in a year. Are you off the wagon?

Good luck-
    mj

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

HEY RONI!!!! :) Moved in now?

Hey kid - you all square in Jersey? I don't know that part of the country. Nice? Is it near NYC?

c ya dogman

6. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Re: HEY RONI!!!! :) Moved in now?

I have this card and it is not a Monogram account. I am pretty sure the statements say something like Pier One National Bank or something to that effect. The account is paid off and haven't had a statement since February. I just checked my Experian report and the account is just listed as Pier One Imports and the address is in Mason, OH. I have had this account since 1999 so I was able to see who they pulled on me when I applied. I am in Illinois and they pulled Experian when they opened the account. They have pulled Equifax on me to do periodic account reviews. The inquiry shows up as Pier One (not MGBA or Metris or DMB) so unless something has changed in the very recent past, they are not affiliated with any of the servicers mentioned.

Hope this helps.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Not really Dogman,

I close on Wednesday....I am just looking ahead. At 5pm Tuesday, I am off the wagon. LOOK OUT!

No really, I was thinking about getting somethings for the home and thought I would try there. Actually, I am moving just 17 miles away (pennsylvania to NJ).

Thanks for asking though. I SO love my new place! I cant wait.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Thanks so much. I that sounds very promising. I dont want anyone pulling Transunion on me....

9. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

AHHHHHHH!!! I would hate to be a credit processor on Wednesday! :)) Looking forward to your successful closing Roni, Mozel-Tov!

Remember, moderation...MODERATION!!!

-Dave

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I had this card YEARS ago. Guess who ran it? Novus financial group (AKA Discover). It even was a 16 digit card starting with 6011 if you know what i mean.

Not sure if the same company owns it now, but basically it was the big sears/discover group back about 5 years ago..

11. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Just pulled my card out of the drawer. My husband also has an account with Pier One. Neither of the accounts start with 60XX. The account numbers are 10 digits (XXX-XXX-XXX-X). My husband has had his card since 97. I checked my TU and no inquiry from 99 so they just pulled EX on me. The back of my card states that the card is issued by Pier One National Bank.

By the way, that reminds me...I have a 20% off coupon they sent me that expires 8/31. Better get those candles I wanted!

Good luck with your closing...look out Home Depot, Lowes, etc., here comes Roni!

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Roni has great pix of the new place!

She sent me some. Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah.

breeze

13. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

arf ! :)

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Hey Dog,

I will let anyone see the new place if you're interested. There aint nothing in there though... I aint even in there yet...but it will soon be mine...

15. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Roni - go for it. I checked w/a friend at Macy's and sure enough, they run the program for Pier One (payments go to St. Cloud, credit decisions done in Mason OH). It's Pier One's bank, but Federated does the payment processing, application scoring, statement printing, etc.

East Coast + Federated's Computer = Experian.

Good luck on the house!

mj