Place your bets

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tom65432, Oct 31, 2001.

1. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Both TU and Experian merged my reports with someone in another state. They added about 10 tradelines from this guy, all positive. There were no negatives.

I decided to see how this would affect my credit score so I disputed one of them on TU. I lost 4 points. I disputed another and gained 12 points.

I just disputed two of them on Experian. I monitor it every day on Credit expert. I am taking bets on how it will effect my score. I have found that paying down my debt actually decreases my score.

The prize wil be announced later. Place your bets now.

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

If you are dealing with Tu or Experian or Equifax, I'll bet a dime to a donut you lose no matter what you do.

LOL

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I will bet with you.No sense betting on the loosing side.

4. SofaKing

SofaKing Well-Known Member

LOL!

You're already ahead, dude!

TEN trades... all POS!

My small, yet true... story:

I recently sent a short, concise letter to EQ to just change a small typo in my address. Two weeks later I get an updated report.

"We have reinvestigated your address and it remains unchanged."

"Yoo Farking Corksargers", I YELLED!!

(Johnny Dangerously)

THEN, I looked down and to my HORROR there was someone else's auto account on my report. And, of couse the @sshole was already 3 months behind after only 6 months. Actually, 1 @ 30 days and 2 @ 60 days.

Anyway, I called, faxed, begged, disputed and the bogus account came off in a little over a week.

Good luck!!

SK

5. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Hmmm.....I had a the same thing happen to me. Except it was my ex-husbands address on my credit report. It helped me since we were looking for him to pay child support. He got served and bingo....! But it did raise a red flag as "identity theft". So there's a fifty-fifty chance. I will place my bet on the RED. =oD

6. tom65432

There is still time to place your bets. Based on the replies that I am getting on my other post, this may take 30 days to get an answer.

I am considering giving away a baby hamster as the grand prize. The "boy" we bought had babies so I have 8 extra.

Be sure to specify how many points you think I will gain or lose when they correct their mistake.

7. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

If the tradelines are negs and it's corrected, you'll gain 4 points.

8. tom65432

The tradelines are all positive