Planet Feedback and Cap. 1?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Credithelp, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Credithelp

Credithelp Well-Known Member

Last Friday I sent a letter thru Planetfeedback to Cap 1 for a Credit line increase. I got a letter on Sat. from Cap. 1 saying that it will take some time to research. Well it's been about a week and I still haven't heard anything and today I called the automated line and it said for a credit line increase press 2 then the recording said that it can only give me a $100 credit increase. It said to add it press 1 and to decline the offer press 2. So I just hung up. Im at a whopping $200 now and all my other cards are between $2500 to $5000. What should I do?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

You should cancel the card, why do you need a subprime card? They aren't going to give you 2500-5000 line, maybe in 2-3 years. If you are above this level, just cut the card up, and call them up to cancel it. It's not worth it once you have nice prime cards with big limits.

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I got the same letter and it took a while I think about 2 weeks(much longer than the 1 or 2 days the original automated response email said it would take) but Mr. Miller finally called and I got good results. Give it another week, their offices are busy. Then if you hear nothing, write another PFB letter and call the executive offices (number posted earlier search the board) or email webinfo@capitalone.com (I think thats it) and find out why there has been no response to your original PFB letter.

-Peace, Dave

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

You have nothing to lose by hanging in there a little longer. If you haven't heard anything from the exec Office by next week, I'd either call or send a follow-up letter.

Sam's right, though. I doubt seriously that you'll be able to talk CapOne into anything near a $2500 limit. If you do, I definitely wanna shake your hand! If you even talked them into $1000, that would be quite an accomplishment. More likely you'll get your limit increased to somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 to $700 but there is always the option to work your way up.

It sounds like you have better cards, though, and you might not even want to continue dealing with CapOne. I have to say however, my luck with CapOne has been good. Currently, I have two cards, one is at $3000 and the other, $4000. My card with a $4000 limit is exactly a year old.

Whatever you decide, good luck and keep us posted.

Donna

5. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

Took 22 months to go from $300 to $2,000 in the process I contacted planet feedback twice.

$300 day one, $500 after 12 months, $1500 month 18 via Mr. Miller and PFB, $2,000 month 22 thanks to Mr. Cooke and planet feedback.

I was lucky I started with an unsecured card at 9.9%. I still have a low equifax score 580 in May.

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OK, I did things a bit reverse but I called the line and got the stupid $100 increase in April. They said I was eligible to go up to $600 (I was at $200) and then only gave me $100. Then, I wrote Planetfeedback and got the increase to $600 via Mr. Miller, though he responded faster.

However, I don't think you'll hit $2500-3000 this quick. But, you can take the $100 and still get results from PFB. At least, it worked for me that way. Good luck.