Planet Feedback Success w/DMB

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jen, Feb 16, 2001.

1. jen

jen Well-Known Member

Hi All- I posted yesterday about my success with Providian and getting a much lower APR. Well, inspired by that success, I decided to use Planet Feedback to work on My Direct Merchants Bank Card. (I have the Rate Rewards card at 19.99%). I wrote them last night and received a phone call from them TODAY with a wonderful offer. They lowered me from 19.99 to 13.74% and gave me a promotional 9.99% for the next 6 months! Yippee! It really works! I was always scared to ask for a reduction. I am so glad to have found this board and realize that I can take control and really make a difference with my credit. Thank you.

2. jen

jen Well-Known Member

RE: Planet Feedback Success w/

Just wanted to add that I would love to hear how you have done in getting the APR lowered. I think I did ok for my first time around, but maybe I should go for something better? Your comments and or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

3. Angela

Angela Guest

Sorry I missed your providian message here. Did you talk to retension or customer service? I have that rotten 23.9% rate too. Did they offer you something less than what you got in the end?

4. jen

jen Well-Known Member

Hi Angela, I spoke to Providians retention dept. directly. I got the phone # off this board. The rep gave me 3 options and I chose 16.9% APR. and they waived the annual fee. (The other options had to do with higher limits which I really don't need) It was a piece of cake. I just told her that I was ready to transfer my balance and she immediately offered me a better deal.
    The number is 800-215-7318.

5. kev

kev Guest

To:Jen

Hi jen, could you tell me how does planet feed back work. You send a company a complaint and 200 other people do it at the same time?
    Thank you in advance.
    kev

6. jen

jen Well-Known Member

RE: To:Jen

Hi Kev, It's very easy to use. You can search for the company you want to write a letter to and they form a template for you to fill out with your comments. At the end of the process they allow you to also send copies of your letter to anyone you choose. I just sent a letter directly to DMB. I did not copy it to anyone else. (You can use that option though to gain support in your complaint). I hope that answers your question.

7. kev

kev Guest

Thanks for responding, but why is it better to use them than doing it yourself? Where would you send more letters? When you send other people the letter, do they send it to (the business to) complain also like it's theirs?
    kev

8. jen

jen Well-Known Member

HI Kev,

I guess it is not really "better" than doing it yourself, but it is simpler since they are a wonderful resource for the contact info of any company you can think of. They also help you to draft a professional looking letter. The letters can be forwarded to gov't officials or your friends to gain support if needed. It's just a great tool. You have to look into that part as I didn't really use it. I was impressed because I got a phone call from DMB less than 24 hours after I wrote my complaint letter. I don't think I would have gotten such a quick reply if I e-mailed them on my own. Check it out. It's a neat site. You also have the option to "share" your letter with others who visit the site. (You are able to edit out any personal info before it actually posts to the site).

9. kev

kev Guest

to:jen-thanks

;-) i underrstand