Planetfeedback how long for re

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Mar 26, 2001.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I recently just used planetfeedback.com for both of my capital one cards and my issue with providian. Providian wont open me a new account since I previously had an account with them. Doesnt that seem odd. Anyway, we all know the hubbub with Capital One and increases. Anyway, here's my question.

How long was it before you had a response and filling out the form at planetfeedback.com

Thanks,

Mike G.

2. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Re: Planetfeedback how long fo

Mike,

I did a letter on March 18th (Sunday, around 10 pm or so). Received a 'snail mail' letter back on Thursday. Granted, mine was a compliment, not a complaint, so there wasn't anything for them to research or resolve :)

3. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Sorry, should be clear - this was Direct Merchants Bank, not CapOne or Providian.

4. bohemian

bohemian Guest

I think if you are just complaining about a credit line increase you probably won't get anywhere. They charged me close to $250 in fees in a 2 month period and a fee for Privacy Gaurd. I think that planetfeedback.com may not be the way to go if that is your only problem, they may think it is frivolous, your email goes through the Executive Office, do you really want them to think that you had to file a complaint that would go straight to the top over your credit line? Might be something to think about, I should not have posted my story, they will probably inundated with complaints because someone's credit line was not to their liking.

5. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

My complaint was not about my credit limit. My complaint was in regards to the inconsistencies of statements from the customer service representatives. If I am told A is going to happen, then I expect to happen. With Capital One, you are told, A, B, and C. Unfortunately, none of which has come true for me. I will not bore everyone with the various statements I have been told, but I think it is fair for a client or a consumer to expect some consistency from a company. Specifically, do not say we do not do this, when all I have to do is read this message board and see that they do.

So yes, my credit limit was involved; however, I spoke directly to the issue of false statements I have been told by one representative after another. All which seemed aimed at having me keep the card an additional billing cycle.

I apologize for any confusion.

Mike G.

6. bohemian

bohemian Guest

Mike, I do understand, for I have been told the same things you have been for the last 7 months, different CS rep. different answer to your question. That is part of having bad credit and a subprime card, you can bet that I would not have gotten anywhere with my complaints had all of this not happened to me in January, I believe it is their form of hush money. I am not picking on you, but I still do not see how that was something that needed an email to corporate office. It happens to everyone, you gotta live with it until your credit improves, my only concern is that it will hurt us that have a legitimate complaint with the company, I was out several hundred dollars over this. Of course you are free to do what you like, you are ticked at Cap One just as I have been, but I think you went about it the wrong way.

7. Cricket

Cricket Active Member

I received an e-mail from cap 1 regarding my planetfeedback.com complaint 1 or 2 business days later. I was told to call the consumer advocate's office. I called and he is out all week (spring break).