Planetfeedback letter to cap 1

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Apr 5, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Oh well no way they would do anything for me at capital one.

so I fired off a nasty letter via planetfeedback.

Anyone have any success doing this?

I'll post an update of what i get back from them if they ever return my complaint.

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Re: Planetfeedback letter to c

I got a response in less than 5 hours. I got a $300.00 increase on each of my two cards, and I got the annual fee on my gold card removed. I also sent a complaint to Direct Merchants Bank 3 days ago with no reply yet. Give Cap One a try. Good Luck.

Mike

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

For Planetfeedback, are you guys posting legitimate past disputes that you actually had with these companies like:

"I tried 4 times speak to reps (names a,b,c,d) who said they could not do anything called supervisor (e) she also said she could not ..."

or do you make up a generic dispute like:

"Cap one refuses to give me a credit increase after many tries"?

Also how do they relate back to you, do you have to register your name and address/CapOne account numbers with Planetfeedback so CapOne can get back to you.

Just curious...Thanks

-Dave

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Cap1 got back to me in 1 day. I had a few questions about limit reporting and I've been given several different answers... including they'd report it (They didn't).

The other reason I used this avenue was b/c I got a rude supervisor and she ticked me off.

Cap1 seemed legitimately concerned about how I was treated. I was honest. I was treated like a "subhuman" by this lady, and I told the Exec office I didn't appreciate it. I pay enough fees and interest. I won't take "subprime" treatment. I have other credit cards.

Anyway, I found this office very knowledgable and helpful. They won't report the limits, but he did confirm that using the card close to the limit accomplishes basically the same thing as reporting the limit.

I certainly understand using planetfeedback as a way for legitimate concerns but I hope it isn't abused by people just seeking line increases. If it's abused, they'll become less responsive.

so to answer your question, I used it for real issues. They were great. I would doubt that "Cap1 refuses to give me more credit" would be received as well as a legitimate issue. But they might throw some increase at you, even for that, to try to make you happier. I guess I just wouldn't approach it that way, even if it is your real objective.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I was treated extremely poor by several reps too. The exec offices people were called and my issues were taken care of. I think the reps are allowed to lie.

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Like Marie, I didn't use it to ask for a line increase. I used it to
    ask them to report my limit and provided a very detailed letter
    (which I posted here) with my supporting reasons. When the gentleman
    said that he couldn't change that, but could help me with anything else
    on my account, I asked him for everything I felt brave enough to request.
    So that's how I got a significant line increase, 12.9% APR and no AF.

I agree with Marie that people need to use discretion with PFB and
    CapOne so that the customer advocate services won't be reduced.

Marci