Planetfeedback Providian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Terry, May 14, 2001.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

I was approved for a gold card. I tried to get Providian to increase my credit line. I sent a letter via planet feedback, no luck. The woman was nice but she wouldn't budge. She said she would talk to her manager and call me back by Thursday. I am thinking no increase.

I went on and on about the good things I heard about Providian. I told her I was shocked to receive a gold card, and I wanted to use it for business travel ect. No such luck, she told me I would have to wait 4 months to get up to a 1K limit. She also told me that you can get up to a 1K limit every 4 months there after. She didn't say what constituted the maximum limit.

Does anyone know how I can get an increase? Retention? Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Personally, I think that you have already gone beyond "retention". So whatever she comes up with you will have to accept.

I also think you have handled this in the best manner posible. I complained about my apr. via Planet Feedback on my new Providian gold. Apr. is being reduced from 23.99 to 19.8 effective this month. I got the card in Jan.

3. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Terry, it may help you to know that all letters to providian thru
    planetfeedback go to Executive Offices where they are dealt with or bumped up to the highest level which is Customer Relations.If you got to talk to someone your still in Executive mode.

VJ