PlanetFeedBack Success!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bauhaus, Sep 28, 2001.

1. bauhaus

bauhaus Well-Known Member

I just wanted to share this in case it's of any help to anyone else out there.

My Experian CE score is 655 and it still needs work. One of my "bad" accounts was a prime card that had it's charge privileges revoked. The phone reps all insisted that I would have to re-apply for a card as they could not reopen or reinstate charge privileges for the account. With my scores, I didn't think it was worth it to waste an inquiry on a denial...so I wrote to the bank through PFB.

A couple weeks later I get a letter detailing rate changes, etc. I call to check on the account and it's listed as open! Today my "re-opened" platinum card arrived in the mail. PFB rocks!!!

thanks for all the advice and inspiration gang,
    --bauhaus

2. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Congratulations. I loooooooove planetfeedback.

How long had your account been closed? Did you specifically ask them to reopen, or did complaining via PFB do it?

3. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

Wow! what a great surprise. Congrats on it.

4. bauhaus

bauhaus Well-Known Member

The account had been closed (or suspended) for approx. 3 yrs. while I got my act together and paid it off. I used PFB to plead my case that the card be reactivated since the phone reps wouldn't hear of it.

5. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

EUREKA!!!!! That's it!

I'm trying Planetfeedback on my "inactive/paid-never late" accounts from Home Depot and Speigel.

I called them after my BK after noticing they were still on my credit report, not listed as closed or anything. They show positive history. But they both said "sorry" if it's been a year or more, we'd have to reapply for another account/card.

What the heck huh? It's worth a try!!

Also, my Providian letter thru PF hasn't been responded to yet, (sent 9/26) but low and behold, I get a call last night telling me my app is going thru reconsideration and I'll be getting a phone call probably monday to verify all my information for processing. YEAAAAAA PF!!!!!!

Watch them decline me outright now!!! Just my luck!!
    hehee, funny, but not too funny!

I LUV PF!!!!