Platinum card with annual fee

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TY, Dec 18, 2000.

1. TY

TY Guest

My mother got a pre-approved for Chase Platinum Master Card.The terms are; 3.99%APR on balance transfer for 9 months ,then APR will be 16.99% or 18.99%,45 dollars annual fee.I don't know whether or not any other platinum cards have annual fee.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: Platinum card with annual

NEVER SEEN ONE...except secured kind of card.

3. Killer

Killer Guest

I got the same offer about 2 months ago. This weekend I learned that my score is in the 500's! So what am I saying..."these offers aren't worth much!" But if your mom has good credit maybe she will be approved. I put mine in the trash because Chase denied me for a regular card. So I doubt if they were serious about giving me a Plat card.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"PRE-APPROVED" doesn't mean much now.
    They will run a credit report.
    They say like "UP TO $100,000" AND GIVE YOU $5,000 OR $10,000.
    See if she gets it and ask for the $45.00 back!!!

(I PERSONALLY DON'T ACCEPT CARDS WITH ANNUAL FEES)

5. TY

TY Guest

That offer said credit limit up to 15,000.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHEN IT SAYS "UP TO $15,000" that means it is not really "PRE-APPROVED"!!!

Years ago...back in the 80's and 90's if you had a "PRE-APPROVED" offer for $7,500...that is what you got!!!

7. netKat

netKat Guest

There are tons of cards with no annual fee. You could have your mother try calling Chase and negotiating the fee. They may waive it for her.

In regards to "pre-approved", the term really means that you have come up in a broad search as meeting certain credit parameters. Once you actually apply, a credit report will be pulled. You could be turned down. You'll also notice the language used is "pre-approved UP TO $$$whatever". All this means is that the top limit is whatever was written, not that you're going to get anything near that. :)

Kat
    http://creditexpert.tripod.com/home.htm

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

The credit bureaus will sell lists of people who fit into fico score range XXX-XXX, appropriately none, poor,good, and excellent credit ranges, to these creditors. But by law, if they pre-approve you within the fico range presented to them, and make you an offer, they must be law give you the card, as long as your fico score still seats within the same range at which they are offering the card. I believe thats part of the FCRA or one of those acronyms..

whether or not they follow the law :)

CC companies also re-sell the lists to each other after they are done with them.

Also, the credit bureaus sell the lists of peoples names who were recently denied credit, hence where you get all kinds of junk mails for $100000 GOLD credit cards :)

Also the court records are scoured for new claims and judgements etc, and thats why if you ever get in an accident, get sued, etc, lawyers will be mailing you in a heartbeat!

Good business to be in, spam.

9. TY

TY Guest

THANKS FOR THE INFO.