Platinum Select and Reapplying

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TommyC, Dec 3, 2000.

1. TommyC

TommyC Guest

Okay, maybe I have too much time, but I was wondering if anyone who has gotten a product transfer from AAdvantage Card to the Platinum Select, and received the Platinum Select Card, has reapplied for the AAdvantage Card, and received it too? I have the AAdvantage Silver and would like to receive the Platinum Select too, but don't think I'd be approved if I had to apply for it.
    Any

2. TommyC

TommyC Guest

RE: Platinum Select and Reappl

Sorry about that! Typing on a wireless phone with such a tiny screen, leaves off sentences. Any thoughts or comments regarding the product transfer from the Silver AAdvantage to the Platinum Select and after receiving the Platinum Select, (providing it is not two applications in 60 days) reapplying online for the Silver AAdvantage again would be deeply insightful and appreciated.
    As always, thanks to all who respond, TommyC

3. TommyC

TommyC Guest

Sorry about that! Typing on a wireless phone with such a tiny screen, leaves off sentences. Any thoughts or comments regarding the product transfer from the Silver AAdvantage to the Platinum Select and after receiving the Platinum Select, (providing it is not two applications in 60 days) reapplying online for the Silver AAdvantage again would be deeply insightful and appreciated.
    As always, thanks to all who respond, TommyC

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i was thinking about trying it.

go for it, let me know if you get it.

Remember, don't apply more than twice in 60 days.

5. TommyC

TommyC Guest

Hi Sam,
    I thought about you in some earlier posts and wondered if you had done it also, but thought I would ask everyone's opinion regarding it. I still have about 3 weeks to go, before I am able to apply again, because of hitting that darn submit button too many times. As you can see, the wireless phone submit button, posted twice. It gave me a dialog box stating "Internet connectivity problem," so I didn't think that I got through and resubmitted. Thanks for everyones patience, TommyC

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

How about Chase?

Have you considered applying for the chase card (classic or gold). If you got the aadvantage and no recent or unpaid collections, judgments or bks you will get it (I think). Very good intro apr.

roni

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Let us know..

I'm pretty happy with my citibank now. if i ever get it anywhere near its limit, please shoot me :)..

But it's always to have more, more more.

8. TommyC

TommyC Guest

RE: How about Chase?

You know Roni, I'd like to apply for the Chase Classic Card in about 6 months, because I'm still trying to sort out one paid collections (three years old) and a charge off (also, three years ago, but credit card reissued three months ago). I'm currently paying on the student loans and attempting to get them reported accurately due to
    30 & 60 day late pays, three years ago. Thanks, Roni, TommyC

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Re-issued?

TommyC,

tell me about the re-issued deal. I'm just curious how you managed that??

10. TommyC

TommyC Guest

Hi Sam,
    I am from Florida, but go to school here in the North, and every chance I get, I fly home to thaw out. So, I would only consider getting the Citi Platinum Select, if I can get the AAdvantage card again, sometime in the near future. Or, I guess the other option would be, just to wait until I finish
    the credit report disputes and then apply for the Platinum Select. TThanks for the advice, TommyC

11. TommyC

TommyC Guest

RE: Re-issued?

Hi Sam,
    I really didn't do anything except take the creditor up on the reissue. The creditor was Capital One. I had an account with them since the early 1990's and I had a credit line of $4,000.00 on a classic card. When I got mowed down on my bicycle by a car three years ago, I continued to pay them and my other creditors, even though I had no income for about a year. I got the Capital One balance down to about $160.00 and missed a few months payment, while I was recuperating back home. I don't fully remember if I sent them the last payment to pay off the $160.00 or not, but I thought that I had, because I was no longer receiving any bills from them. I had stopped using all of my credit cards after I had the accident, so I wasn't worried about credit, until I finished rehab and physical therapy. When I got back to the workforce, I concentrated on paying off the university for tution and when I went to apply for private lender student loan, that's when I found out, how much damage, my lack of attention has caused my credit. Fully two and a half years went by, and then one day, without contacting Capital One, I received a letter from them stating the amount that I owed them ($160.00, had blossomed into $330.00)and an offer for a classic card with a paltry $200.00 unsecured credit line. I really didn't care to have a Capital One credit card again, so I initially ignored their offer. After reading this board and a couple of others, I decided it was time to face the music, because I really didn't want to haggle over my responsibilities. So, I signed the agreement, because Capital One stated that they would update my credit report to reflect my current payment history in six months. In three more months from now, I hope to see that one-time Capital One charge off, go to an R-1 (paying as agreed) status. In my opinion Sam, it sure beats, waiting out the three more years for it to drop off my credit reports, had I not agreed to settle for the reissue with Capital One. By the way Sam, Capital One's reissued credit cards are handled by Wellington & Associates, although all the literature is from Capital One, the envelope, the letterhead, the credit card, etc. If you have any more questions Sam, let me know, okay? I apologize for such a long response, TommyC

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Tommy

Now you have the silver correct, but would like the platinum card too. Well maybe you could apply for gold, most have gotten this card after getting silver and then after you get gold, try to upgrade the silver to platinum? If you want 2 citibanks card that is.

Mom

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

speaking of this

Has anybody after getting the"silver" tried for "gold" and got declined??

14. TommyC

TommyC Guest

RE: Tommy

Hi Mom,
    I really didn't think about trying for the Citi AA Gold, because I didn't think that my credit reports were cleared up enough. I have only started to clean up my credit reports, about two and a half months ago with the reissue of a Capital One Classic card and sent out my first dispute to all three credit reporting agencies last week. I thought that I would let the Silver AAdvantage age about three months before I tried for the Gold AAdvantage. Since Roni, brought to our attention, the product transfer from AAdvantage to Platinum Select, I began wondering "what if (?)" scenarios. I really wasn't too gung-ho about another application that might lead to a denial if I just, outright applied for the Platinum Select and kept the Silver AAdvantage card. I like your idea about applying for the Gold AAdvantage and if approved, doing a product transfer of the Silver AAdvantage to a Platinum Select. That would be great, if I could qualify for that. I'll let you know, after my 60 day reprieve with applications to Citibank ends in about three weeks or so. Thanks for your insight, TommyC

15. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Tommy

No Good. My bro tried this within 1 month of receiving the silver, DENIED. (Trying to get a gold too).

16. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sam

What was the reason for the denial for the gold?? Just curious b/c some posters were able to get silver and then gold.

Mom

17. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: How about Chase?

That is understandable. At least you know that you have options for a good card in the future. Goodluck with negotiations those collections.

roni