Platinum VISA Check Card Acct....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Sep 24, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Washington Mutual just opened up their new "Platinum Account" with money mkt rates.

Costs $1000 minimum - but is basically an interest
    savings account. It costs $13 month to $0 month depending on your deposit amount. The interest rates increase as you raise your deposit amounts.

This is basically a safe cash management account!

NICE BENEFITS:

Unlimited checkwriting - free checks - they took the order while I was there and gave me a supply of instant checks - that say Platinum Account on them :)

VISA PLATINUM Check Card - high withdrawal limits and platinum card benefits. I have not seen another PLATINUM CHECK CARD on the market - although there may be some. One look, you have to have it - so I got it!

The best thing about doing this was I spent time getting to know the bank VP - who took care of me.
    Also, now I have hit the bank records as a "Platinum
    Customer."

I signed up - ultimately, my wallet will be very fluid
    with AMEX and Visa Plat CHK Card at 0% interest rates EVER, along with Nextcard. I keep Cap One and FCNB and Target in the drawer.

If you want a VISA Platinum Check Card - it looks authentic because it is! You know that when you present this check card, if sure appears that the cardholder has wealth! And has it VISA ATM access and international benefits.

However, you do need to go into a branch or sign a signature card by mail for this account.

c ya dogman

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Hey Dog!

Great post. I saw a commercial for this account and have been waiting for more info. I didn't see info on this account on their web site though??? Oh well...

Besides, they check Chexsystems so that eliminates me until 10/02! The Credit Union is doing me just fine for now.

3. Jeff

Jeff Guest

WAMU is an excellent bank too. I have had an account with them for years and they are great to me.

More good info Dogman!!

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

THX - I can hardly wait to get the card. I just called them and they said the main advantage of the PLAT VISA Check Card are higher cash limits at ATMs, and higher purchase transaction approval limits.

THE BEST FEELING is that, I, the consumer, decided to buy their product - I took control, set up a flexible account, and also have had them for years.
    By 1:00 pm Monday, I had a new Plat Visa Acct set up, with money in a new savings account!

BEATS WAITING for that hopelessly difficult, hard to obtain, GOLD VISA offer from CCB!

LOL - The VP at the Bank looked quite approvingly when I used the Green Card as an additional reference, with my DL to open the account.

c ya dogman

5. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

dogman,

Do you know how big a deposit you need to get a $0 monthly fee? I personaly feel kind of icky paying a monthly fee for an ATM card...

-Roman

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I'll look up the sliding schedule.
    c ya dogman

7. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Is this a new offer? I didn't see anything on their website. Maybe I'm just missing it.........

-Om

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

BRAND NEW - just advertised in San fran this week.
    Not on their website yet.
    Call the WASH MUTUAL near you and ask.

c ya - dogman