Please advice >> Trans u

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mil, Nov 15, 2000.

1. mil

mil Guest

I paid all my collection accounts 2 months ago but they still showing up as a charge off (balance) I dispute 3 and they all came back verified and balance still in there any tips should i send the paid recipt to transunion or ......

let me know ? or should i seek help with junum

2. Russ

Russ Guest

RE: Please advice >> Tra

Junum will do the same thing you are doing, don't go that route. Other then that, wait 30 days and re-dispute it with Transunion; this way it doesn't seem like a frivolous dispute. If you have copies of the account being paid include a copy with the dispute. Also; contact the direct credit lender and explain what's going on and have them change the account in your credit report. If all else fails, threaten to sue.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Like I said in the post above, you need the help of form letters. There are also some ones available at www.carreonandassociates.com

roni.

4. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

It makes no difference whether it's paid or not, it means the same as far as scoring goes. Your only avenue is deletion.

-Alwilda Smith

5. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

While it scores the same, if you are trying for a house the mortgage company will want all chargeoffs to be paid. So it does make a difference.

6. augustabel

augustabel Guest

you don't want to hear this, but did you try to negotiate to have the charge offs deleted in return for your payment? it is true that if you're getting a mortgage the bank will want the charge offs paid but it is also true that depending on the date of the charge off, a zero charge off isn't much better than a charge off with a balance. additionally, having 5 charge offs from say 4 years ago hurts just as badly on your score as one charge off from 4 years ago. i'm no expert, this is what i've found in my own experience... good luck!

7. pat

pat Guest

were the accounts charged off,

P

8. pat

pat Guest

No.

a paid charge off is still bad, but better than an unpaid charge off, or a settled (less than full amount) charge off.