Please cross your fingers....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by supershawn, Jul 23, 2001.

1. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Just used planetfeedback for the first time, regarding an old (1996) Capital One chargeoff that was also included in 1998 BK. It's a doosy, so I can only imagine what will happen.

It was my first time using PF so I have no idea what to expect, but it sounds like you guys (and gals!) have had good luck with it.

I need this one (wanna refinance) so, if you get a second, cross your fingers for me once or twice.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear something....

thanks!
    Shawn

2. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

SS- okay we will cross our fingers and toes. Mr. M will take care of you.

Best regards,
    Sam

Just Say No to Junum!

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I tried crossing my fingers, but it's causing me too many errors while typing.

LOL

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Can you give me a phone number for Mr. M.

I tried getting to him through the main number, but they said they didn't know who he was.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Crossing fingers, toes, eyes etc. Good luck to you:)

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

check out that new gif on the link below that ends with
    newcrdrepair.gif and see how I propose to shoot down the collection agencies and credit bureaus.

(LOL)

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Bill,

Mr. Miller responds to requests for help that are e-mailed or written to the Cap One Executive office. Mr. M as he is called here is the "Consumer Advocate".

If you are a Cap One card holder with a concern, use Planet feedback to correspond with Cap One. Work is referred to him by the Executive office.

He helped me to such an extent that I have not posted what he did for me. Out of fear that someone is going to call him and mention this board to him or say the wrong thing. Therefore, I am recommending that the consumer advocate number not be given out here on the board.

No offence Bill. I am assuming that you are a Cap One card holder with a concern. I would like you and everyone who comes on the board here with a serious Cap One issue to have the same opportunity I did. Send an E-mail and good luck with your Cap One problem. I hope it is resolved in your favor.

BTW - He will respond to you within a couple of days.

Best regards - Jim

8. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Let us know how you make out. I already went this route last month. Mr. Miller told me he couldn't help me because of the BK. I'm curious to see what results you get.

Tom

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I don't have a real serious issue. I've been a card holder since back in 99 and although I didn't realize it at the time I applied, it's a secured card. I just want to get it unsecured so I can get the credit limits raised, but I was "over limits" by $1.49 a month ago and so they don't want to make it an unsecured for another 6 months.

That's BS.
    Thanks for the advice

10. supershawn

Re: Please cross your fin..(UPDATE)

Hey-

I got an email from Capital One, from 'Eugene', today asking me to call in.

Letter was very polite. I am a bit nervous to call, wondering what they might say.

I will let you know what happens.

Shawn

11. tltrader

tltrader Active Member

Jim

CAn you give us MR Miller's e-mail address? Thanks.

12. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Jim,

Wise post.

tltrader,

You can reach him through www.planetfeedback.com with a letter to "capital one financial". You can also reach him (or Eugene) through Cap One's own e-mail address webinfo@capitalone.com. But I'd do PFB, myself.

13. supershawn

The emails come from a 'web feedback' address at Capital one, so I don't have a direct email.

However, if after calling the provided 800 number, I find it reaches that department, and it doesnt seem like it will cause problems, I will consider publishing it.

PlanteFeedback has worked well for a lot of people here, this is my first venture with it. So far, it seems the best route to go.

The letter I wrote simply, and honestly, spelled out the situation. I am very curious to hear their reply, just kinda busy at work and want to be someplace more private when I call (and a little nervous)

Shawn

14. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I just laid my little "piece of beef" on them this afternoon too.

15. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Marci for your comments,

I will not need to have any more assistance from Mr. Miller. I am a very satisfied Cap One customer now.

In my opinion, the moment someone starts calling or E-mailing to Mr. Miller without going the Planet Feedback route, he is going to be suspicious and reluctant to help. If he ever finds out about the board here. He'll stop helping entirely.

Write a letter and when Mr. Miller responds act as if you never heard of him before.

Jim