Please help > ASAP

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MIL, Feb 23, 2001.

1. MIL

MIL Guest

I'm in middle of closing , 3/21 was approved for 126k with 5% . my score is 576 . all of my collections are paid off .today i recived the call from my lender and he told me there is a collection account still outstanding for $6700 capitol one (west more land ) i guess this collection agency is the part of capitol one any how now the claiming 6700 collection and open date is showing is 12/00 I call the number and was told they cant discuss with me over the phone since the dont have the license ???what kind of crap is that ? I dont recall any outstanding account with capitol; one as a matter a fact i still have open visa with the with 1k limit ..

I'm planing to file a claim on small court please help if u can I already dispute this information with CR , but I guess I'm sure it will come out verified per my lender since he did the rmc ON MY REPORT.

please let me know how to file the claim on hte court.

SUNSOLARIS@HOTMAIL.COM

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I wouldnot worry about it. Just explain this to your lender. THEYWILLUNDERSTANDTHATYOUAREBOBBYANDWILLGIVEYOUTHELOANANYWAYCAUSEYOUARESOSTUPID......PLEASESTAYINSCHOOLPEOPLE.

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Roni, although that was very funny, I don't think it was booby. The isp is different. The name used was Mil, is it possible this was milmil from the past?

4. MIL

MIL Guest

Sorry guys but this is not bobby , old milmil , last night when I put his post i was so pissed since I'm very close to closing andalready start packing . my lender contact the collection agency and he is been told by supervisor they are collecting this for citi bank account , charge off 11/94 . so I called citi bank and they dont have any information about my account service rep put my s.s on the system and nothing come up so please help me I'm so frustraded .

5. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

This Westmoreland thing is weird! They are fully owned by Capital One. My daughter received a letter from them trying to collect for a charged-off Shell Oil account from 1988. She never had such an account, and she wrote a letter to them to dispute the debt.

To this day, she has received no response from Westmoreland, and they will not even discuss this matter with her by telephone. The latest correspondence she received from them was an offer for a Capital One Visa card which would come to her pre-charged with the amount of the debt, which was around $600.

Something smells very fishy!

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It is not milmil from the past. Milmil would never write something like that. I have seen this MIL before, though. If I am wrong, I am sorry. But if you arenot Bobby, Dude what is up with all the typos and that grammer?

roni

7. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Is this legal? Maybe that was a stupid question, but I don't understand how a creditor can do this without sidestepping the FCRA about re-aging debts.

8. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Basically, they are offering to lend you the money on a credit card to pay the old debt. Sounds like a neat trick. You still owe the money, however, as it was paid from a new credit card it is a new debt.

9. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I'm in middle of closing , 3/21 was approved for 126k with 5% . my score is 576 . all of my collections are paid off .today i recived the call from my lender and he told me there is a collection account still outstanding for $6700 capitol one (west more land ) i guess this collection agency is the part of capitol one any how now the claiming 6700 collection and open date is showing is 12/00 I call the number and was told they cant discuss with me over the phone since the dont have the license ???what kind of crap is that ? I dont recall any outstanding account with capitol; one as a matter a fact i still have open visa with the with 1k limit ..
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Even if you got this removed from your file the lender would still know about The Neg.Coulden't this still cost you the loan?