Please help me find out.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mimi, Mar 24, 2001.

1. mimi

mimi Guest

How long does it take before your credit score increases? There are some accounts on my report that are not mine. My credit score is 580 (not as bad as I thought) and I'm getting ready to dispute and/or join Junum. If I join Junum, should I write them a short note and include it with my credit reports explaining what led to my credit woes??

Also, the 3 accounts which are truely not mine all have balances of 1k or more. So if these 3 accounts are deleted, how many points would I gain.

Since the interest rates are at its best, and will probably get better (5.??) I would like to qualify for a home mortgage. What are my chances? I've heard FHA loans are great for those with low scores but they are also strict.

Please help me!

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

It is impossible to give a number on how much a score would increase or decrease based on those 3 accounts. If those 3 have a perfect payment history, are several years old and the ratio of credit available to used is low, it may actually decrease your score even thought they aren't yours.
    Without trying to be rude, I don't think Junum really cares what caused the credit problems. If you have something specific you want them to dispute or not dispute, then I would send a note, otherwise, leave it up to them to decide what to dispute.

3. mimi

mimi Guest

thanks

I don't think you're rude. Thanks for letting me know. I was going to send a "novel" on why and how my credit got bad but if it's not worth it, I won't.

thanks LKH.