Please help > small claim c

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mil, Dec 9, 2000.

  1. mil

    mil Guest

    Can someone please help me I just recived summon from small court for county tax (car) 150.00 Not sure why my dealer did'nt charge this when i bought the car according to them they send me serval letters any how they want me to appear on court january 12 but here is the problem i will be out of the country dec25 > jan 25 2001 (already purchased tickets I really want to pay this off is there way to pay this off and not have judgemnat show on my report

    please advice?
  2. TommyC

    TommyC Guest

    RE: Please help > small cla

    Hi Mil,
    What you can do is to contact the clerk of the court, well before the court appearance date and ask the clerk, what do you need to do, to satisfy the requirements of the court. In the majority of the cases, it is just a matter of paying the tax that has been assessed and any penalities and associated court costs. Bear in mind too Mil, that whatever the clerk of the court suggests, make sure you get a release(a document from the clerk, stating that the tax has been satisfied) from the clerk before you leave. What you don't want to do, is to take off and ignore the court date. Enjoy your trip after sorting that out, TommyC
  3. skip

    skip Guest

    RE: Please help > small cla

    Here in Calif. you would simply go into court and explain to the judge your situation and you would get an extension for your court appearance. Iam sure they have a provision for the same in your state.

Share This Page