Please help...Verizon Chargeoff

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Imhosed, Oct 7, 2001.

1. Imhosed

Imhosed Well-Known Member

I received this letter from Verizon after I made a payment to my account.

12 June, 2001

Imhosed
    Box xxx
    some city, US xxxxx

RE: Verizon Wireless Account #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr. Imhosed,

Please accept this letter as confirmation that your remaining balance on account XXXXXXXXX has been paid. The balance is zero and you do not owe anything further on this account. The account has been closed per your request.

Thank you for your cooperation in resolving this matter. If you have any questions or concerns contact our Customer Financial Services Department for assistance at 800-822-2302.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxx
    Customer Financial Services

The CRA has noted the account on my credit report as Paid/chargeoff. From this letter, do I have enough to sue them for inacurrate reporting? I was called Verizon to enquire if anyone of the CRA has contact them for verification and they told me they are not allowed to talk to third parties regarding such information(this conversation was recorded). I convinced the rep I talked and he inserted a message in my file stating that any inquiries regarding my file should be noted on the file. As of yesterday, there was no inquiries noted in my file yet this CRA's keeping verifying the information everything i dispute it.

Do I have enough to sue these maggots?

Thanks for all the help I received here.

2. Lionel

Lionel Well-Known Member

I may have missed a previous thread...was this already charged off by Verizon?

If so, i don't know. It's accurate reporting.

If not, just send the CRA a letter requesting that they change it to 'closed at customer's request', and enlose a copy of that Verizon letter. Make sure you have them tell you when, how and with whom they verified the info. Also send copies of both letters to the proper state attorney general.

3. Imhosed

I am not sure if it was chargeoff or not. It was late but it wasn't sent to a collection agency or something like that. It showed as a collection account before I contacted them about paying it off.

4. Lionel

Lionel Well-Known Member

if it wasn't sent to a collection agency by Verizon, how did it pop up as a charge-off in the first place?

So far, it sounds like the problem is with Verizon, not the CRA.

5. Imhosed

I know it wasn't sent to a collection agency because I had to pay the money to Verizon.

I wasn't even aware that I owe this money. I moved from PA to CA. Just before I moved I called them requesting for the last bill which they did send to me and i paid it off completely. After about a year I requested a copy of my credit report and found the account listed on it. I called Verizon and they told me that was portion of the last bill.

If an account is listed as a collection account on your credit report, how can you tell if is a chargeoff account or not?

6. Imhosed

Any advise on this thread? Thanks in advance.

7. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

I was in the same position and received the same letter.

I sent a copy of the letter with my dispute to the CRA and stated that this account was "not a charge-off account", "this account was paid as agreed", "this account has a zero balance as stated on the attached letter from the creditor"!

With those statments the CRA is reporting this tradeline as a positive, closed, and paid in full account.

I hope this helps