Please tell me how to handle this?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shirley, Sep 24, 2001.

1. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

ROFL!!

Is Bkev a boy or a girl? I have been wondering.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

KEV...SHORT FOR KEVIN

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Bkev:
    The court cannot accept your second stipulation in view of the fact that there exists too much possibility of error, intentional or otherwise.

LOL
    or should that just be a smiley?

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

George:
    There must be a connection there. Both are slick and slimey

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Breeze:

Let's not go getting sexy here now.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WORKED FOR GULF OIL GAS STATIONS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.
    If I did not read every post I would think they were connected to GULF OIL...

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Shirley,

Just send them a copy of a utility bill with most of the stuff blacked out except where it shows your name and address. BB mightl tell you not to send this, but it doesn't hurt anything in this case, and it's the easiest thing to do.

Seeing your score and the reasons with your information in the format they're using (a collection account as a positive tradeline) will tell you whether to do anything or not, IMO. If it looks like it's being scored as a I1 account, then heck, leave it alone, if they give you a reason code of collection reported or something like that, then you'll have to do something about it.

I'm sorry to hear about your friends also. You are in NYC aren't you? It is so sad. You guys have some true heroes there, and you New Yorkers are inspiring the rest of us with your strong spirit.

8. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Breeze

Sorry-logged off last night prior to seeing your response.

Yeah, I know that they are now listing it as a positive response, but-would this still not fall under laws governing a collection account? I think, and I would agree, that Shirley was concerned that anyone that looked at it would be able to tell this was a collection account despite how it is listed.

And what really concerns me further is what if CAs start doing this to any collection account, and trying to pass it off as a "positive", to the consumer anyway, when any loan officer can see something like "gulf states" or "RMA" and know exactly what that account is.

Let me know if I am not making sense. I am on the first cup of coffee and still in a fog (more so than usual) ;)

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: Breeze

First cup of coffee here too, hehe.

I see your point. But what to do?

10. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

"And what really concerns me further is what if CAs start doing this to any collection account, and trying to pass it off as a "positive", to the consumer anyway, when any loan officer can see something like "gulf states" or "RMA" and know exactly what that account is. "

This is exactly what I am concerned about. Gulf State last reported this to Experian in '99. It was listed as coming off in 12/2001 and I was patiently waiting for it to fall off. It was Experian's decision to do this and now anyone who sees Gulf State will know it was a derog at one time.

It seems that when the time came for it to drop off, someone or some computer program changed it instead.

It's listed as a Collection Account on TU but has a date opened of '99 so I will probably have to jump thorugh hoops to get that removed also.

It just doesn't seem fair.

11. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. Here are my ideas on how to approach this. Everyone please feel free to critique:

1) Dispute this account as not yours-you have never entered into an agreement w/this company, etc.

2) Dispute w/CRA (?) Creditor(?) as wrongful reaging of account? Wrong dates?

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

George is right, which makes me a "boy". My friends call me Kev... The people at work call me Glenn King.

13. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

As in Equifax, Glenn King?

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I thought you were a guy.

The Glenn King thing is a joke (I think......)

Bkev has never told us what it is he does, hehe.

15. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: Please tell me how to handle th

My lord, it IS Glenn King, the Equifax Information Service Center employee! I knew we had a CRA mole among us. :) Irrespective of that, I for one appreciate the excellent assistance and advice given to Shirley in this thread.

Doc

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I know! If you type "Gulf States" into a search engine, you do not get anything about a collection agency, LOL, you get all kinds of environmental sites.

17. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Of course it was a joke... I'm not Glenn King... He's my dad...

18. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I hope that's a joke, too. As far as Equifax goes, it doesn't appear that too many people like Glenn King around here.

19. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Yes... that was a joke too.. but look how much fun we've had this morning... not bad for a Tuesday... :)

For the record, I'm not Glenn King. My dad is not Glenn King. I've also got tons of letters from Glenn King.

20. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

THANK GOODNESS they were both jokes. I feel soooooooo much better now. That and I'm on coffee cup #2.